UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency Associate Human Resources Officer Jobs in Kenya
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency Associate Human Resources Officer Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsThe Associate Human Resources Officer supports the UNHCR¿s People Strategy and contributes to the implementation of the 2018 independent Human Resources review, which resulted in the establishment of HR strategic priorities and the reconfiguration and transformation of the Division of Human Resources (DHR) from a largely transactional model into a strategic business partner for field operations and senior management.
Having the right people in the right place at the right time is at the core of enabling UNHCR to protect and respond to persons of concern.
By attracting, retaining and developing a talented, diverse and agile workforce while nurturing a culture of excellence, respect and wellbeing for all, UNHCR¿s Human Resources acts as a strategic partner to the organization, enabling a people-centric culture.
Workforce Operational Support
• Assist in implementation of HR initiatives that support organizational culture change such as good people management practices, and promoting gender, inclusion and diversity.
• Implement HR operational activities to ensure timely provision of HR solutions, prioritizing according to the needs and risks.
• Contribute to the development of a HR customer service-oriented culture that values proactivity, continuous improvement, innovation and high performance.
• Provide support, guidance and trainings to HR staff.
Assignments and Talent Acquisition
• Coordinate the process of recruitment, assignment and reassignment of locally-recruited staff and affiliate workforce, also assisting with set up and running of (Regional) Assignments Committee where relevant.
• Assist in organizing outreach campaigns to attract diverse applicants. Ensure proper consideration is given to all applicants without distinction on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity
• Analyse, track and report on recruitment and assignments trends for management, including efforts to reach gender parity.
• Take a proactive approach to risk management in the areas of recruitment, ensuring the issues are identified, addressed and reported and, where appropriate, escalated.
Advice to managers and staff, and contribution to an inclusive work environment
• Build dialog and outreach with staff; answer questions, and provide information to staff as to where to go for help or ask questions.
• Be proactive in identifying issues, themes and patterns affecting the workforce¿s health and welfare, including sexual harassment and abuse of authority.
• Ensure that on-boarding, induction, re-integration into the workplace and off-boarding support, is provided to colleagues. Induction programmes should include information on Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Sexual Harassment, Code of Conduct
as well as workforce¿s rights and obligations.
• HR policies and inter-agency:
• HR-Administer/manage a large number of staff, preferably within the UN
• HR-Human Resources Management
• Talent development
• Provision of technical HR advice
• HR data and people analytics
• Relationship Management
• Managing Ethical Dilemmas
• Learning Agility
• Ability to identify client¿s needs and match them to appropriate solutions
• Gender, diversity and Inclusion Management
• C001L2 Accountability Level 2
• C002L2 Teamwork & Collaboration Level 2
• C003L2 Communication Level 2
• C004L2 Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 2
• C005L2 Client & Result Orientation Level 2
• C006L2 Organizational Awareness Level 2
• M001L2 Empowering and Building Trust Level 2
• M006L2 Managing Resources Level 2
• M003L2 Judgement and Decision Making Level 2
• M002L2 Managing Performance Level 2
• X001L2 Analytical Thinking Level 2
• X005L2 Planning and Organizing Level 2
• X009L2 Change Capability and Adaptability Level 2
Education & Professional Work Experience
• Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P2/NOB 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
• Human Resources Management; Human Resources Development; Personnel Administration;
• Business Administration; or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
• Certificates and/or Licenses
• UNHCR HR certification;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Experience working in Human Resources. UNHCR HR certification is a plus. Knowledge of general HR policies, processes and systems.
• Experience in one or more of the following areas: HR Administration, workforce planning, recruitment, HR policy or talent development.
Experience in HR information technology systems and tools.
Experience in field humanitarian operations and/or emergency settings.
Experience working with the United Nations.
Experience working in a multi-cultural setting.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency Associate Human Resources Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.