UNFPA Programme Associate Jobs in Kenya
UNFPA Programme Associate Jobs in Kenya
The Position: The Programme Associate supports the design, planning and management of UNFPA’s country programme by managing data inputs, providing logistical support, monitoring project implementation and following up on recommendations. You will report to the GBV/Gender Advisor
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan, focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
You will play an instrumental role in facilitating UNFPA’s country programme and project implementation, supporting design, planning and management, in the areas of gender, Reproductive Health, population and development, and Humanitarian including communication.
You will apply established systems and procedures and assist in the creation of knowledge by compiling, synthesizing and analyzing relevant information, developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with procedures.
You would be responsible for:
• Participating in the formulation of the country programme and component projects, by compiling and analysing information relevant to the UNFPA’s role in the country, drafting project documents and work plans and preparing tables and statistical data.
• Supporting the monitoring and evaluation of project and programme activities, establishing ways to assess achievement and recommending corrective action as required; conducting field visits; participating in review meetings and evaluation missions and preparing regular inputs to status and progress reports.
• Guiding routine implementation
of assigned projects, in coordination with national counterparts and project personnel, coordinating delivery of project inputs; and ensuring participation of national counterparts in training activities and study tours.
• Providing logistical support to projects by coordinating project related meetings, workshops and events. Training and guiding project personnel and staff on national execution and programme policies and procedures.
• Supporting advocacy and resource mobilization efforts of the CO, by establishing and maintaining a network of donor and public information contacts. Assisting with organizing and conducting donor meetings and public information events, including preparing relevant background material for these events.
• Assisting in implementing knowledge management strategies to capture lessons learned and best practices, sharing these with management for future planning
Qualifications and Experience:
Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree desirable in Gender studies, or population studies, or development studies, or humanitarian studies, or any other related Social Sciences
Knowledge and Experience:
• Seven years of relevant experience in programme/ project management.
• Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French and/or Spanish, is desirable.
Experience in Months: 84
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNFPA Programme Associate Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.