UNEP Training Officer Jobs in Kenya
UNEP Training Officer Jobs in Kenya
Org. Setting and Reporting The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. This position is located in UNEP, Corporate Services Division (CSD), Human Resources Section (HRS), at the Nairobi duty station.
Within delegated authority, under the supervision of the Chief, Human Resources Section and Administrative Officer in charge of the Specialist Support Unit, the Training Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
Provides advice and support to managers and staff on learning and development related matters.
Prepares special reports and participates and/or leads special learning and development projects.
Keeps abreast of developments in various areas of learning and development.
Learning and Development
Coordinates with the Human Resources Management Services (HRMS) of the UN Office at Nairobi (UNON) in planning for training for UNEP staff. Identifies and analyzes staff learning and development needs and designs programmes to meet identified needs; Prepares monitoring reports on staff development and career support programmes; Designs, plans, monitors and provides induction programme for new staff members; Assesses training needs, identifies, designs and delivers training programmes to staff at all levels throughout the Organization; Designs and manages sabbatical/external assistance schemes.
• Participate in planning meetings and preparation for the Medium Term Strategy - UNEP Digital Transformation; review literature and identify priority areas and key performance indicators for Corporate Services Division.
• Manage enhancements to the Corporate Services Division’s Corporate Academy; design additional Academies/Courses aligned to the organizations learning and development needs.
• Contributes to the design, development, delivery and evaluation of training, learning and development programmes for staff; These programmes encompass a range of activities including, inter alia, training courses, technical and substantive training, leadership and management training and organizational development courses.
• Coordinates and develops learning support mechanisms and activities to build capacity of staff.
• Provides advisory services to ensure that training and development meets current needs and anticipates to the extent possible future needs; Develops tools and participates in the assessment of training needs, collection and collation of required inputs and preparation of relevant reports.
• Performs other related work as required.
• Supports the implementation of the Secretary General's Gender Parity Strategy and contributing to the delivery, monitoring the established timelines and quarterly reporting.
• Design and contribute towards a skills gap mapping exercise, providing analysis and reporting on bottlenecks in reaching the 50-50 gender target; contribute content to briefing and outreach sessions;
• Professionalism: Knowledge of learning and development policies, practices and procedures and ability to apply them in an organizational setting. Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines
and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
• Creativity: Actively seeks to improve programmes or services; offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs; promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas; takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks “outside the box”; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things; is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
• Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
An advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, finance, accounting, law or a related area is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible work experience in human resources management, training, administration or a related area is required.
Experience gained in administration within the United Nations system or similar international organization is desirable.
Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools or similar SAP systems is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
NOTE: "Fluency equals a rating of "fluent" in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and "Knowledge of" equals a rating of "confident" in two of the four areas.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNEP Training Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.