UNEP Programme Management Assistants Jobs in Kenya
UNEP Programme Management Assistants Jobs in KenyaOrg. Setting and Reporting The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
The position is located in the Office of the Director of the Law Division. The incumbent reports to the Head of the InforMEA Unit and is responsible for the following duties:
• Assist in the coordination of programme/project planning and preparation work for the InforMEA programme and any other projects/initiatives of the Unit.
• Monitor the status of the Unit’s programme/project proposals and receipt of relevant documentation for review and approval; Draft routine correspondence to staff and external partners; Assist in the maintenance of websites by scanning, converting and posting a variety of documents onto the Unit’s websites.
• Compile, summarize, and present basic information/data on the InforMEA programmes and related topics or issues; Perform data entry and extraction functions to a variety of web applications; Support social media and communication activities; and generate a variety of standard statistical and other reports, etc., using various databases.
• Review project documents, especially partner agreements, procurement documents and work orders, for completeness and compliance with relevant rules and procedures prior to submission for final approval and signature; identify inconsistencies; distributes project documents to relevant parties upon approval.
• Monitor processes and schedules related the unit's outputs, products, tasks, etc.; where applicable, assist in the verification of receipt and accuracy of requisite documents, approvals, signatures, etc. to ensure compliance with relevant legal, financial and other requirements.
• Serve as focal point for administrative coordination of the InforMEA programme’s implementation activities, involving extensive liaison with diverse organizational units to initiate requests, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions, e.g. recruitment and appointment of personnel, travel arrangements, training/study tours, authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, etc.
• Provide general office assistance; responds to complex information requests and inquiries; setting up and maintaining the Unit’s key files/records; organizing meetings, workshops; handling routine administrative tasks, such as drafting meeting reports and summaries of meetings, arranging for printing and translation as necessary; coordinate shipment arrangements, courier services, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
PROFESSIONALISM Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions, e.g., budget/work programme, human resources, database management, etc. Ability to apply knowledge of various United Nations administrative, financial and human resources rules and regulations in work situations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
TEAMWORK Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
High school diploma or equivalent. Must have passed the Global General Service Test (GGST)
Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat.
Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST.
The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview
A minimum of 5 (five) years of progressively responsible experience in general office support or related area, is required.
Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning systems (SAP for example) is required.
Ability to research and compile information, preparation of presentation data, generating statistical data and website entry ability is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNEP Programme Management Assistants Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.