UNEP Intern - Enterprise Risk Management Jobs in Kenya
UNEP Intern - Enterprise Risk Management Jobs in Kenya
Org. Setting and Reporting The UN Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
This position is located in UNEP, Headquarters, Nairobi –Corporate Services Division, Administration Unit.
The Unit coordinates and facilitates Facilities Management, Procurement, Risk Management and Travel.
The duration of the internship is for a minimum of three and a maximum of six months.
The Internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (35-40 hours) under the direct supervision of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Officer - in close collaboration with the Head of Administration – and supports the planning, designing and implementation of an overall risk management process for UNEP.
The position, which has clearly defined output requirements, includes – but is not limited to – the following responsibilities:
Provide support to ERM Officer in
• designing and implementing a –qualitative and quantitative – research methodology, including surveys among staff members worldwide;
• conducting interviews with the Executive Office, Directors and MEA Directors;
• organizing research and validation workshops with staff and senior management;
• Attending and summarizing meetings.
• the design of a tailored UNEP: -Risk Universe and Catalogue, - Risk Dashboard, -Residual Risk Heat Map, - Reference Maturity Model (RMM), -Internal Control Statement, and other tools and visualizations senior management deems necessary;
• the determination of scoring criteria for the measurement of Impact, Likelihood and Level of Internal Control Effectiveness, and Organizational Risk Appetite;
• the draft - and implementation of - a detailed Risk Treatment and Response plan defined for the top-ten risks identified as priority.
Further responsibilities include
• Risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences i.e. Leadership Group, Executive Office and Directors;
• Assisting the ERM Officer on external risk reporting to stakeholders;
• Assisting Divisions, Regional Offices and Multi-Lateral Environmental Agreements in risk evaluation;
• Providing administrative support on an as-needed basis.
• Speaks and writes clearly and effectively;
• Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately;
• Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication;
• Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience;
• Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
• Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
• Places team agenda before personal agenda;
• Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position;
• Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view;
• Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with
clients by gaining their trust and respect;
• Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions;
• Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems;
• Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects;
• Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) in the fields such as: Statistics, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Data Science, Development Studies or any related areas;
Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent) in the fields such as: Statistics, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Data Science, Development Studies or any related areas;
Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
Be computer literate in standard software applications.
Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Learning elements and expectations
Upon completion of the assignment the young talent/ intern will:
• have substantive knowledge of risk assessment and management issues in UNEP and be able to advise on potential best practices and approaches;
• have gained a better appreciation of current and emerging risk management issues and their application within the UN- Secretariat;
• have improved analytical and research skills in the areas of risk assessment and management, and in the planning, designing and development of a risk management process and implementation plan;
• have improved communication skills through interaction with UN Environment staff, Executive and Senior Management, governments and partner organizations;
• be able to apply Enterprise Risk Management processes in both the private and international development sector;
• have gained a better understanding of the UNEP HQ operations, and the overall UN system.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
For this internship fluency in oral and written English is required.
Knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNEP Intern - Enterprise Risk Management Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.