UNEP Information Officer - Internal Communication Specialist Jobs in Kenya
UNEP Information Officer - Internal Communication Specialist Jobs in KenyaOrg. Setting and Reporting The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
UNEP's Communication Division communicates UNEP's core messages to all stakeholders and partners, raising environmental awareness and enhancing the profile of UNEP worldwide.
This post is located in UNEP/Communication Division at the Nairobi duty station.
The incumbent will perform the following:
Content and activity implementation:
• Plan and implement content and activities against the internal communication strategy and defined objectives and targets, tracking progress on the status of strategy implementation and resource mobilization;
• Work in close coordination with all UNEP offices, divisions, regions, and associates.
• Implement, monitor, and revise an internal communication strategy for UNEP, undertaking broad consultation with stakeholders as required, and advising and ensuring appropriate tools and channels are used throughout the organization in accordance with appropriate governance/guidance.
Event production and communication support:
• Support the planning and execution of UNEP events, within and beyond the division;
• Perform the function of a communication officer and undertake other duties as assigned and when required;
• Serve as the division’s sustainability focal point;
UNEP and UN system communication coordination:
• Serve as secretariat for UNEP on the relationship with the United Nations Communications Group including weekly briefings and engagement with the global group.
• Support the coordination of communication mandates and activities between UNEP and the rest of the UN system of organisations.
Conference reporting management:
• Support the management of long term arrangement for conference reporting services and facilitate conference reporting transactions between clients and service providers, ensuring appropriate dissemination and amplification through UNEP channels.
Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
PROFESSIONALISM: Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of strategy and guidelines for internal communications and the production of innovative platforms for the promotion of internal communication in an organization; Ability to monitor the effectiveness of the tools for the internal communication and make necessary adjustments to achieve results; Skills in high quality coordination of events/meetings/conferences aimed at profiling an organization; Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; Shows pride in work and in achievements; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies;
Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Advanced degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Communications, Marketing, Social Sciences or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of five (5) years’ responsible work experience in programme management, corporate communications, and public information, or related area is required.
Experience in the field of environment and sustainable development in an international organisation is highly desirable. Experience in managing internal communication and events at the corporate level and with both internal and external stakeholders is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in written and oral English is required. Working knowledge of other UN official languages is desirable.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNEP Information Officer - Internal Communication Specialist Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.