UNEP Coordinator - Executive Office Jobs in Kenya
UNEP Coordinator - Executive Office Jobs in Kenya
Org. Setting and Reporting The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. This position is located in the Executive Office at the Nairobi duty station. Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Staff, the incumbent will be responsible for the following functions:
• Develops, implements and evaluates assigned programmes/projects, monitors and analyzes programme/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and initiates corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; ensures follow-up actions.
• Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
• Engages in policy development on corporate matters, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies,
• Generates survey initiatives; designs data collection tools; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identify problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
• Organizes and prepares written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications.
• Supervises the Executive Office operations and corporate systems and flows, including the Office’s corporate reporting obligations, and the management of the Office’s administration and logistics.
• Clears, reviews and prepares correspondence to ensure that correspondence management upholds the highest standards.
• Supports the Chief of Staff in the management of senior level recruitments and of the Executive Office’s human resources.
• Supervises the correspondence team, procurement team as well as the Human Resources Senior Administrative Assistant.
• Provides operational backstopping to consultative and other meetings, conferences to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations.
• Leads and/or participates in large, complex field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties.
• Coordinates activities related to the Executive Office’s budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements,) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget,).
• Performs other relevant duties as required.
Professionalism: Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to particular sector, functional area or other specialized field. Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems. Ability to conduct data collection using various methods. Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis, including familiarity with and experience in the use of various research sources, including electronic sources on the internet, intranet and other databases. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced
with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in environment science management, economics or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two years of qualifying relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible work experience in project or programme management, administration, environment or related area is required.
Experience managing complex workflows and processes is required.
Work experience in human resources management is desirable.
Experience on corporate matters, such as audits and investigations, is desirable.
Experience advising senior officials on corporate matters is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
NOTE: "Fluency equals a rating of "fluent" in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and "Knowledge of" equals a rating of "confident" in two of the four areas.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNEP Coordinator - Executive Office Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.