UNEP Administrative Officer Jobs in Kenya
UNEP Administrative Officer Jobs in Kenya
Org. Setting and Reporting The UN Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
This position is located in the Programme Delivery & Management Unit of the Law Division (PDMU) in Nairobi, Kenya.
Under the supervision of the Head, PDMU, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Monitoring and oversight of Division’s projects and liaising with the relevant project managers.
• Supervising a staff team and/or provide advice to others on human resource administration, financial administration and management information issues and practices to colleagues.
• Producing major/complex reports for management.
• Providing expert guidance and leadership to more junior staff. .
• Monitoring and taking initiative to identify and improve the information systems and knowledge management in coordination with the relevant UNEP and UNON offices.
• Performing other related duties as required, e.g., reviewing of Division's operational travel programme, adequacy of departmental space requirements and technology requirements
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
• Initiating and coordinating actions covering the entire span of human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, promotion, performance appraisal, vacancies, job classification reviews, separation of staff members, training, etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures.
• Reviewing post incumbency reports for purposes of vacancy management and staffing table control.
• Leading, overseeing and coordinating the preparation and implementation of the work program and budget to ensure compatibility with work priorities and objectives, taking into account the most effective use of resources.
BUDGET AND FINANCE
• Initiating and conducting studies to improve budget reporting systems and cost-effective utilization of program resources.
• Monitoring and controlling budgetary allocations through regular reviews; drafting routine and ad hoc outputs; and providing effective monitoring reports and data. Identifying deviations from plans and proposing corrective measures.
• Establishing and maintaining a set of policies, procedures, standards and tools which are consistent with UN policy and practice in order to ensure proper accounting, financial management and control.
Performing any other relevant duties.
• PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of administrative, budgetary, financial and human resources policies and procedures. Ability to apply various United Nations administrative rules and regulations in work situations. Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis. Ability
to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Advanced university degree (Masters degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, finance, accounting or related area is required. A first level university degree in combination with two years of qualifying experience maybe accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in administration, finance, accounting, human resources management or related field is required.
Work experience with the United Nations or other organizations especially in the administration of Multilateral Environmental Agreements and funds highly desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For the post advertised fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN working language is an asset.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNEP Administrative Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.