UNECA Procurement Assistant Jobs in Ethiopia
UNECA Procurement Assistant Jobs in Ethiopia
Org. Setting and Reporting The Economic Commission for Africa’s (ECA) mission is to deliver ideas and actions for an empowered and transformed Africa; informed by the 2030 Agenda and Agenda 2063.
The mission will be guided by ECA’s five new strategic directions which are: advancing ECA’s position as a premier knowledge institution that builds on its unique position and privilege to bring global solutions to the continent’s problems and take local solutions to the continent; developing macroeconomic and structural policy options to accelerate economic diversification and job creation; designing and implementing innovative financing models for infrastructure, and for human, physical and social assets for a transforming Africa; contributing solutions to regional and transboundary challenges, with a focus on peace security and social inclusion as an important development nexus; advocating Africa’s position at the global level and developing regional responses as a contribution to global governance issues.
This position is located in the Supply Chain Management Section of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The Procurement Assistant works under the direct supervision of the Chief of Procurement Unit, and overall supervision of the Chief of the Supply Chain Management Section
Within delegated authority, the Procurement Assistant is responsible for the following duties:
• Provides procurement, logistical and administrative support to a team of Procurement Officers in the acquisition of a wide variety of goods and services.
• Reviews, records and prioritizes purchasing requests and obtains additional information /documentation as required; determines the availability of vendors and funding sources.
• Monitors status of existing requisitions, maintain contact with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods and services, coordinates shipment of goods/commodities/equipment to HQ and field missions, verifies receipt and inspection of deliverables and accurately reports, as and if required.
• Produces tender documents (e.g. Invitations to Bids, Requests for Proposals and Requests for Quotation) based on the nature of requirements and cost of procurement involved.
• Prepares abstracts of offers and compile data contained in quotations, proposals and bids to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible under the guidance of Procurement Officers.
• Finalizes purchase orders and contracts for approval by the Procurement Officer; may authorize purchases in line with delegated signature authority, and, if required, prepares submission to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
• Assists relevant officers in more complex, higher value purchasing operations; coordinates distribution of pertinent documents to concerned parties, ensures appropriate follow-up action, etc.
• Maintains relevant internal databases and files; keeps track of any contractual agreements, systems contracts, etc. and informs affected users of contractual rights and obligations.
• Researches, retrieves and presents information from a variety of internal and external sources on sources of supply, vendors by commodity, etc., as well as obtain specifications for
new products and equipment on the market.
• Drafts routine correspondence.
• Provides guidance to less experienced staff on general office processes and Provides guidance to less experienced staff on general office processes and performs other duties as assigned.
• Professionalism: Knowledge of procurement policies, processes and procedures generally and, in particular, those related to the purchase of supplies and services. Knowledge of financial rules and regulations and ability to research and gather information from a variety of standard sources and to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
• Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
• Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Job - Specific Qualification
Passing the UN's Global General Services Test (GGST) is required. Please refer to the Special Notice section for additional information about the GGST.
Five (5) years of experience in procurement, administrative services or related area is required.
Three (3) years of experience in the UN common system or in an international public organization and at least two (2) years of procurement experience is desirable.
Experience in Contract Management and/or Contract Administration and with an ERP system in the area of purchasing and/or supply chain is also desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required; and knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNECA Procurement Assistant Jobs in Ethiopia
Find daily jobs in Ethiopia. Jobs - Ethiopia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ethiopian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ethiopia.
Jobs in Ethiopia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ethiopia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ethiopia posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.