UNDP Senior Trust Fund Manager - RCO Jobs in Kenya
UNDP Senior Trust Fund Manager - RCO Jobs in KenyaBackground The United Nations Multi-Partner Trust Fund (MPTF) is scaling up programming in Somalia within the context of the imminent UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (currently under development) and in line with the global Agenda 2030 and the ninth Somalia National Development Plan.
Through the MPTF, the UN aims to improving collaboration and coordination both within the UN system, across government counterparts and with related Somalia funds. This includes the Somalia Humanitarian Fund, the UN Peace Building Fund, as well as the African Development Bank's Somalia Infrastructure Inititiave and the World Bank's Multi-Partner Fund. In addition a need has been identified for the UN in Somalia to better promote synergies across UN Somalia applications to other global funds.
In line with the principles of Agenda 2030, the MPTF will also follow a human rights-based approach and take into consideration the specific needs of youth as well as women and girls who experience multiple and intersecting forms of discrimination and uphold the principle of 'leaving no one behind'. Through this lens, UN Somalia is committed to strengthening programming in resilience, durable solutions and other humanitarian-development-peace ‘nexus' related areas which requires additional focus and coordination at the design and consultation phases of programming.
The MPTF Secretariat will be led by a Senior Trust Fund Manager who will support the MPTF's governance structures to engage with MPTF related strategic decisions. They will provide the DSRSG/RC/HC with strategic advice on the use of unearmarked funds and coordinate the Fund's operations and the programming by the United Nations agencies. It is envisaged that the MPTF Secretariat will remain a small office staffed by two-three qualified experts.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Functions:
• Advisory and Capacity building;
• Advocacy and Building Strategic Partnerships;
• Management and Oversight of the Secretariat;
• Management of key Fund Operations tasks.
Advisory and Capacity building:
• Provides strategic advice to the MPTF Steering Committee (currently the SDRF) on Fund related matters;
• Supports the Resident Coordinator, donors and national counterparts in the review and redesign of the governance arrangements; strategies and coordination arrangements ensuring alignment to Agenda 2030 as well as national sectoral and cross-cutting priorities;
• Guides the Recipient UN Organizations and National Entities on the programming processes and requirements as laid out in the MPTF operational arrangements;
• Ensures the development of the Fund's strategic planning documents.
Advocacy and Building Strategic Partnerships:
• Liaises and coordinates with donor focal points and other MPTF stakeholders;
• Establishes and maintains strategic partnerships with additional potential donors, and identify and initiates key resource mobilization opportunities;
• Ensures linkages and consistency between the MPTF and other related initiatives;
• Analyzes and research information on donors, prepare substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation;
• Ensures preparation of resource mobilization strategy;
Management and Oversight of the Secretariat:
• Proposes a structure and design for the MPTF Somalia Secretariat;
• Oversees the review and updating of the MPTF ToR and the Operations Manual;
• Prepares Annual Work Plan(s) and budget MPTF Secretariat;
• Prepares job descriptions and vacancy announcements, and identify, hire and supervise staff and consultants;
• Mobilizes goods and services to initiate activities;
• Provides administrative support to the RC and the UN components of the Fund's governance arrangements;
• Oversees activities of the Secretariat and its team.
Management of key Fund Operations tasks:
• Participates in the development of contribution agreements;
• Ensures communication of decisions to Heads of UN entities, (include eligibility, maximum allocation available, timeline for programming and any specific requirements);
• Facilitates UN multi-agencies engagement in the programming;
• Innovation : Ability to make new and useful ideas work;
• Leadership : Ability to persuade others to follow;
• Communication : Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform;
• Delivery: Ability to get things done.
• Risk Management : Ability to identify and prioritize risks, and organize action around mitigating them;
• UN coordination skills on pooled financing instruments : Knowledge of UN inter-agency and national pooled financing instruments, including applicable legal arrangements;
• Partnerships : Ability to engage with other agencies, donors, and other development stakeholders and forge productive working relationships;
• Reporting and analysis : Ability to evaluate project reports and financial data, derive relevant findings and present them in a meaningful manner;
• Fund operations: Knowledge of the technical and programmatic support functions undertaken by a fund secretariat to facilitate the work of a steering committee of a major UN or national Multi-donor trust fund.
• Masters (Advanced level) University Degree in one or more of the following disciplines: international development, economics, social studies, business studies or other equivalent fields;
• A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience at the international level in managing and/or providing services for the design, management and monitoring and evaluation of Multi-Partner Trust Funds or large scale Programmes including results based management finance and operations;
• Extensive knowledge of UNDG programming.
• Language Requirements: Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNDP Senior Trust Fund Manager - RCO Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.