UNDP Partnerships & Communications Officer Jobs in Uganda
UNDP Partnerships & Communications Officer Jobs in Uganda
Background This post supports the UN Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO) in areas of communications and partnerships with youth, private sector and other partners to support the UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (2021-2025) outcomes and localization of the 2030 Agenda, the SDGs and visibility of the UN reform in Uganda.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Development Coordination Officer – Partnerships and Development Finance, Partnership and Communications Officer will undertake the following tasks to achieve the following key results:
Partnerships and communications support:
• Ensure joint UN partnership and communications strategy and approaches are coherent and aligned to facilitate meaningful long-term impact on development and humanitarian operations;
• Support opportunities for innovative approaches and systems to enhance partnerships with private sector and other partners;
• Promote transparency and accountability by ensuring that UN agencies commit to share available information related to partnership modalities and mechanisms amongst each other.
• Regularly update the UN Uganda web-site, Facebook page and Twitter accounts, RCO sharepoint, and UN web-based knowledge management system with relevant content and quality photographs in a timely manner to leverage and enhance partnerships;
• Develop coordinated, innovative social media strategies and campaigns involving multiple UN agencies in partnership with UN Communication and Partnerships Group.
• Conduct advocacy and communications needs assessments for the RCO, UN joint programmes and initiatives, and make proposals to leverage and enhance partnerships;
• Support the development/production of communications and advocacy instruments and materials for awareness-raising campaigns, including briefing materials and press releases in coordination with the supervisor.
• Support RCO publication activities, such as drafting articles, content management, norms for publishing, design, maintenance of regular contact with printers and other suppliers to ensure production.
• Promote and disseminate advocacy materials for launching flagship initiatives and publications.
• Support coordination of UN in Uganda’s work to support and link with global advocacy efforts, particularly linked to the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals.
• Support the organization of public information campaigns on UN Uganda joint activities and popularizing the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs Agenda in Uganda in collaboration with partners.
• Support RCO liaison with the UN Communication and Partnership Group in Uganda to ensure effective coordination of the implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) 2021-2025 Advocacy and Communication
• Assist in monitoring and prepare monitoring reports on implementation of the UNSDCF Communications, Resource Mobilization and Partnerships Strategies.
Knowledge and Information Management:
• Contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice including UN global communications repositories and the UNINFO.
Level 1.2: Maintaining a network of contacts
Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues;
Establishes and nurtures positive communication with partners;
Level 1.2: Establishing effective client relationships:
Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion;
Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients;
Anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly.
Values: Integrity/Commitment to mandate, Knowledge sharing/Continuous learning, Valuing diversity;
Managing Relationships: Working in teams, Communicating information and ideas, Conflict and self-management;
Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
Creating synergies through self-control.
Required Skills and Experience
Master’s degree or equivalent in Mass Communication, Public Relations, or another relevant field.
Acceptable would be a bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations, or another relevant field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience.
2 years of experience in advocacy or campaigning work particularly working with websites, social media including Facebook, Twitter and other is required at national or international level;
Proven ability to take high quality photographs for social media, websites and publications;
Proven experience in networking and building relationships with internal and external partners;
Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UNDP Partnerships & Communications Officer Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.