UN Regional Service Centre Jobs in Uganda
UN Regional Service Centre Jobs in UgandaThis position is located in the Human Resources and Talent Management Unit (HRTM) in the Regional Service Centre in Entebbe under the Department of Operational Support.
• Participates in the RSCE planning process throughout the RSCE Lifecycle and plays a critical role in determining the staffing requirements and structures; Advises RSCE Management on emerging capacity gaps in light of the RSCE commitments.
• Advises on workforce planning, including implementation of succession planning and forecasting of human resources requirements.
• In coordination with all RSCE components, develops coherent staffing strategies to support the implementation of the RSCE’s mandate including recruitment plan.
• He/she is also responsible for assessment of the workforce per function, skill, level, category, occupational group, gender and geography and for identifying the gap and determining actions to respond to needs taking into account existing vacancies, projected changes due to retirements, returns to parent duty station and turnover rates.
• Advises and guides RSCE leadership on the implementation of Organization-wide change initiatives especially those related to and have impact on the human resources.
• Reviews RSCE structures to establish required adjustments that may lead to consolidation, retrenching and reduction of posts.
• Participates in the budget development process of the RSCE and provides advice to the Management on the human resources requirements, staffing table and organizational structure of all sections based on the DOS guidelines on budget review.
• Coordinates with DOS on the review of the staffing aspects of the RSCE’s budget and manages preparation of documentation for classification of posts and the implementation of classification result.
• Ensures that expenditures related to staffing are within the budgeted staffing costs, coordinating with the Finance and Budget at both the RSCE and Headquarter levels to ensure availability of funds.
• Ensures the integrity of the staffing table as approved in the budget without discrepancy in the organizational units.
• Maintain an accurate and updated staffing table. Advises hiring managers on loaning of posts between sections based on the SOP on Staffing table and Post Management.
Human Resources Management
• Advises and communicates to Senior Management and staff on Human Resources policies and practices and provides direction and coherence to all HR activities and systems in the RSCE.
• Supervises the process of knowledge/awareness building amongst programme managers, senior management and staff members with regard to the staff rules and regulations, and related guidelines in the administration of entitlements and their application by the HR Section, including consistent implementation of delegated authority.
• Provides direction and advice on interpretation and application of policies, staff regulations and rules.
• Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of related guidelines, HR rules, regulations practices and procedures, and recommends revisions to DOS, where necessary.
• Responsible for monitoring and evaluating the implementation of delegated authorities through inter-alia, the Human Resources Management Scorecard (HRM-S), Service Level Agreements, HRM-S indicators, and the Senior Managers’ Compact.
• Represents the RSCE Management on a variety of joint staff-management advisory bodies in some ex-officio advisory or active capacity, as appropriate.
• Supports the RSCE in the implementation of the performance appraisal system and monitors its compliance, providing guidance and substantive support to RSCE components on standards for the development of org units and individual work plans.
• Coordinates with the Integrated Mission Training Center to organize training/orientation programmes in performance management and supervisory skills as well as work plans.
• Ensures full-compliance of e-Performance and provides input to the establishment of Management Review Committee and Joint Monitoring Committee and Rebuttal Panel and acts as the facilitator and ex-officio member.
• Advises on training opportunities for HR staff as well as staff in general giving particular attention to developing and implementing career development paths for national staff members.
• Provides regular information on global vacancies and opportunities for the generic rostering system.
• Coordinates with DOS as a conduit for headquarters initiatives and as the initiator of individual career advice and counseling, which includes the planning and shaping the progression and movement of staff both within and among missions as part of the global secretariat.
• Develops a set of action able and targeted change management plans, including coaching and training in order to implement the above responsibilities and reports on possible gaps and risks and recommends corrective action.
• Maintains constant dialogue with the Heads of Operations/Administration of UN Country Teams for coordination of national staff salary surveys, cost of living surveys, and other common policies on in-country entitlements for staff.
Professionalism: Demonstrates knowledge of all aspects of human resources management with proven analytical skills; Demonstrated use of initiative and ability to interpret the Organization’s HR policies, procedures and practices and ability to apply them in an organizational setting. Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments. Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards. Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules. Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments. Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
Managing Performance: Delegates the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority. Makes sure that roles, responsibilities and reporting lines are clear to each staff member. Accurately judges the amount of time and resources needed to accomplish a task and matches task to skills. Monitors progress against milestones and deadlines. Regularly discusses performance
and provides feedback and coaching to staff. Encourages risk-taking and supports creativity and initiative. Actively supports the development and career aspirations of staff. Appraises performance fairly.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in human resources management, business or public administration or related field is required.
A first level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of (7) seven years of progressively responsible experience in human resources management, administration or related area is required.
Experience in providing strategic human resource guidance to senior management is required.
Experience in the operational application of human resources management policies and practices is required.
Experience in staff selection, talent management, and the administration of benefits and entitlements is required.
Experience in the use of an SAP or People soft based human resources platform is required.
Experience in an international organization is required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
For the position advertised, fluency in English is required.
Working knowledge of French is desirable.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based intervine
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UN Regional Service Centre Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.