UN Evaluation Officer P3 Jobs in Uganda
UN Evaluation Officer P3 Jobs in Uganda The purpose of this job opening is to generate a list of qualified candidates for inclusion in the Evaluation Officer, P-4 roster.
These positions are located in the Inspection and Evaluation Division of the Office of Internal Oversight Services in Entebbe or in other duty stations.
The Evaluation Officer usually reports to the Chief of Section in the mission and to the Director of OIOS/IED.
The incumbents will be required to travel to remote locations, at times for extended periods, to manage and conduct inspections and evaluations.
Inspection and evaluation assignments are undertaken in all areas of work of the United Nations Secretariat, i.e., in the maintenance of international peace and security, promotion of sustainable development, delivery of humanitarian aid, protection of human rights, upholding of international law, as well as in management support and services.
The Evaluation Officer will be responsible for the following duties within the Section:
• Scope, plan, develop and lead inspection or evaluation assignments of the United Nations Secretariat's funds and programmes activities, including programme evaluations (i.e., in-depth evaluations of individual programmes, departments, or other organizational units) and thematic evaluations (i.e., evaluations of topics that cut across multiple programmes, departments, or other organizational units), and carry out all the tasks involved in the assignments, which may include provision of guidance to external consultants and other evaluation staff
• Review relevant documents and reports
• Develop data-collection instruments for all relevant data-collection modalities used in the inspection or evaluation process (e.g., surveys, interview and focus group guides, desk review tools, direct observation forms)
• Articulate a data-analysis plan for the evaluation and for individual data-collection modalities
• Conduct data collection and analysis
• Identify problems and issues to be addressed and recommend corrective actions and recommendations
• Research and analyse information gathered from diverse data sources and formulate convincing and well-substantiated conclusions and recommendations
• Liaise with relevant parties throughout the inspection or evaluation process
• Draft various documents, including draft and final reports, as well as background papers, analyses, guidelines, conference room papers, and other documents as needed
• Exercise overall quality assurance over individual team member’s contributions to the inspection evaluation, e.g., by, overseeing adherence to the United Nations Evaluation Group (UNEG) norms and standards and use of OIOS-IED's Inspection and Evaluation Manual and quality assurance forms, and reviewing their work before wider sharing beyond the evaluation team
• Monitor and report on programme management's implementation of evaluation recommendations
• Advise on policy development based on evaluation findings concerning programme relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, and impact of the United Nations Secretariat's funds and programmes activities
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and partners in the Secretariat, funds and programmes
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; UN Evaluation Officer P3 Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.