UN Associate Records Management Officer Jobs in Tanzania
UN Associate Records Management Officer Jobs in Tanzania
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
• Develop and implement procedures for the efficient, effective and safe handling of evidence, archiving of OTP records and management of OTP information demands.
• Prioritize and set target dates for the development and implementation of new procedures and the completion of projects undertaken by the OTP.
• Responsible for the overall optimal functioning of the OTP’s evidence and related databases. Propose upgrades and changes when required.
• Responsible for the receipt, handling and secure storage of all evidence ensuring that evidence is not interfered with, or accessed by unauthorized personnel.
• Provides physical evidence to authorized OTP staff as required.
• Ensure that the integrity of the physical collection is preserved by running continuous audit trail reports.
• Secure evidence received under Chain of Custody procedures and ensure that these are strictly followed and enforced for evidence that has been identified under this exigency.
• Research methods specifically aimed to store distinct evidence submitted (i.e. bacteria or fungi infected material, live ammunition, human remains, etc.) in order to avoid general contamination of the general collection.
• Study, analyze and report on proposed changes or upgrades to the various software and hardware systems used by OTP.
• Monitor the OTP archiving process, setting goals and targets for completion.
• Support the use of evidence and other information by the OTP related to the provision of mutual legal assistance - including searching analyzing and classifying documents - and the use of materials in investigation, trial, appeal and other proceedings, as required.
• Act as focal point for questions relating to OTP records, systems and databases. Attend meeting with OTP staff and other organs of the Mechanism, as appropriate to coordinate tasks.
• Keep abreast on the latest technologies in the appropriate fields.
• Liaise and negotiate with external sources to obtain the copies of publications and documents pertinent to the OTP and stay abreast of archival and library procedures at similar institution and on the latest technologies in the appropriate fields.
• Performs other related duties, as required.Competencies
• Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges. Remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• Teamwork – Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organisational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even
when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Creativity – Actively seeks to improve programmes or services. Offers new and different options to solve problems or meet client needs. Promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas. Takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas; thinks “outside the box”. Takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things. Is not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches.
• Vision – Identifies strategic issues, opportunities and risks. Clearly communicates links between the Organisations’ strategy and the work units’ goals. Generates and communicates broad and compelling organisational direction, inspiring others to pursue that same direction. Conveys enthusiasm about future possibilities.
• Judgement/Decision-making – Identifies the key issues in a complex situation, and comes to the heart of the problem quickly. Gathers relevant information before making a decision. Considers positive and negative impacts of decisions prior to making them. Takes decisions with an eye to the impact on others and on the Organisation. Proposes a course of action or makes a recommendation based on all available information. Checks assumptions against facts. Determines that the actions proposed will satisfy the expressed and underlying needs for the decision. Makes tough decisions when necessary.
Advanced university degree in Archival / Library Science, Records Management or related field. A first level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
Job - Specific Qualification
Required extensive training and experience in the use of computer systems, particularly with regards to databases.
Knowledge in the use of ZyLAB is desirable.
Minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in evidence handling, record management and/or computer database systems for storage and retrieval of records and/or related field, preferably in law enforcement organizations and extensive training and experience in the use of computer systems, particularly with regards to databases is required.
Knowledge in the use of ZyLAB and experience at the Mechanism, ICTR or ICTY is desirable.
Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of French or Kinyarwanda is an advantage.
There may be an assessment exercise for qualified candidates followed by a competency-based interview.
For more information and application details see;UN Associate Records Management Officer Jobs in Tanzania
Find daily jobs in Tanzania. Jobs - Tanzania jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Tanzanian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Tanzania.
Jobs in Tanzania - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Tanzania.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Tanzania posted and updated daily - click here!