Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum Program Officer Jobs in Uganda
Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum Program Officer Jobs in UgandaYour challenge Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum is looking for two proactive, strategic and open-minded team member who have strong organizational sensitivity and believes in the potential of young people as a generation that holds the power to shape social economic development, challenge social norms and values, and build a foundation for country’s future.
The Program Officer will be responsible for; ensuring effective and timely planning and execution of program and project work plans, delivering and documentation of results and sharing of lessons learnt with relevant partners and in relevant advocacy spaces.
Additionally, the officer will coordinate and lead on efforts to strengthen of UYAHF’s national and district level advocacy efforts in meeting organizational goals.
The Program Officer will work within UYAHF’s programming mandate and goal of reaching the most vulnerable adolescent girls and young women and supporting them with opportunities to realize their full potential.
The Ideal candidate for this position will use their passion for youth empowerment, their innovation, program management skills, their knowledge of advocacy and communications to adequately coordinate our regional programs and our partners including working directly with and collaborating with the district authorities, CSOs, youth organizations, schools, health centers among others. .
Performance Areas /Accountabilities
Program and campaigning
• Work closely with the Programme Manager and the advocacy team to develop and implement innovative programmatic advocacy and accountability projects and approaches that amplify the voices of young people in policy and decision making, including hard to reach populations of adolescents and youths.
• Implement innovative advocacy campaigns at the grassroots that can generate demand, access and utilization of SRHR and enhance gender equality among young people.
• Convene national and district leaders, CSOs partners, the private sector and youth led organizations to advocate for investments in young people’s health and well-being as a development priority.
• Build capacity and leadership of young people and youth led organizations to advocate for their rights and development priorities, through UYAHF’s policy advocacy and accountability programs.
• Develop and share annual, quarterly and monthly structured work plans, highlighting; key advocacy and action that UYAHF can take advantage of to enhance its advocacy functions and meet the health and well-being needs of young people.
• Support the communication team with writing regular activity blogs and reports, profiling of UYAHF’s advocacy wins, collection of audio visual Information, designing content for IEC material on different SRHR topics, including; family planning, comprehensive sexuality education, gender equality, menstruation hygiene and management, abortion, maternal and child health etc.
• Participate in field activities to collect content including taking pictures/videos, writing stories, developing media press briefs/content, and updating the organizational social media spaces.
• Liaise with stakeholders on the design, implementation and monitoring of the advocacy strategy including with UYAHF partners, young people and other target groups, consultants and donors amongst others.
• Plan and manage program and activities at the regional office(s) and in the field
• Participate in budgeting, work plan development, implementation and regular reviews to monitor and evaluate progress
• Ensure regular and effective communication and coordination with UYAHF’s regional partners and regularly liase with the Kampala office.
• Lead on all advocacy, research and training activities at the regional office and take lead on timely data collection and reporting.
• Come up with new and creative programing approaches and activities to promote organizational goals and ensure that young people are at the center.
• Establish new funding opportunities for organizational sustainability through creating strategic partnerships and actively participating in resource mobilization efforts.
• Promote organizational publicity and visibility
• Represent the organization at various strategic meetings, conferences and workshops both at regional and national level.
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports on all activities conducted and prepare monthly newsletter updates working with the advocacy and communication team.
Internal advocacy functions
• In coordination with the program team, manage the information flow between UYAHF and her partners including; establishing systems and processes and promoting knowledge management.
• Consult and network with relevant stakeholders as needed to ensure that their key advocacy needs are met, in compliance with agreed standards, policies and priorities.
• Provide support to UYAHF partners and beneficiaries at national and district level to design and implement their advocacy activities in line with agreed program standards (i.e. branding guidelines and templates).
• Liaise with UYAHF partners and stakeholders to collect information and document program results and impact of UYHAFA work on their work.
• Respond to enquiries from external stakeholders including media, individuals and other organizations, usually via telephone and email, in a timely manner and in consultation with the program manager and the team leader.
Responsibility for Assigned Adhoc Duties
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
• Bachelor’s Degree required in the fields of community psychology, social sciences, public health, gender studies, journalism or any course in the field of development and human rights. A post graduate degree in any of the above fields will be an added advantage
• You have at least 4 years of relevant work experience in the field of project coordination, program management, advocacy and campaigning, social behavioral change communication development, with relevant knowledge around sexual and reproductive health and rights, gender equality, human rights and youth empowerment.
• You believe in the power of young people as leaders who can influence social change.
• Strong understanding of advocacy and campaign tactics for policy change at local, national, and regional levels.
• Demonstrated experience in use of Microsoft package i.e Word, Excel, power point and other computer programs & software. Knowledge in illustrator and video editing software will be an added advantage
• Sound social media experience including experience in developing and implementing social media strategies, designing newsletters and campaigns.
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills in English, additional ability to speak any of the local languages.
• Ability to multi-task effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and conduct work independently
• Pro-active and Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, resourcefulness in solving problems and independent and strong leadership skills.
• You are a critical and analytical thinker and you enjoy establishing and maintaining relationships.
• You have experience with co-creation and training facilitation.
• Able to travel in Uganda and international and deal with both communication and collaboration.
• Women and young people are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
What we offer
• The position is for working 40 hour a week from Monday to Friday
• A formal, friendly and supportive working space
A valid working permit and/or Uganda Passport/ national ID is required in order to be considered for the position.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume/CV (3 pages Max) with a motivation/cover letter (2 pages Max) and two reference letters, to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and Cc email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before June 18th 2020.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.