Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Jobs in Uganda
Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Jobs in UgandaYour challenge Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum is looking for one proactive, strategic and open-minded team member who has strong organizational sensitivity and believes in the potential of young people as a generation that holds the power to shape social economic development, challenge social norms and values, and build a foundation for country’s future.
The M & E officer will be responsible for; coordinating the collection, compilation, consolidation and analysis of data to track programs/ projects activities, monitor progress and support impact measurement.
S/he will also conduct development research, engage in reflective practice and generate lessons from projects/program and prepare M&E plans for the organization.
S/he is responsible for establishing and ensuring better data management systems for the core program they will be assigned for and will coordinate the proper and timely evaluation of project objectives/impact.
They will supervise, coach, and mentor other organizational/ program staff in key M&E processes and will ensure the existence of accountability mechanisms and devise a strategy for program staff participation in M&E activities.
The position holder will closely work with front line staff and UYAHF Change Champions.
They will also work closely with the programme officers and directly report to the programme manager.
Additionally, the M & E officer will also coordinate and lead on efforts to strengthen of UYAHF’s district and national level efforts in meeting organizational goals through the learning opportunities.
The M & E Officer will work within UYAHF’s programming mandate and goal of reaching the most vulnerable adolescent girls and young women and supporting them with opportunities to realize their full potential.
The Ideal candidate for this position will use their passion for youth empowerment, their innovation, Monitoring and Evaluation skills, their knowledge of documentation and communications to adequately participate and inform work planning, coordinate data collection and compilation and document results of our head and regional officers including working directly with and collaborating with the district authorities, CSO partners, youth organizations, schools, health centers among others.
Performance Areas /Accountabilities
• Meaningfully participate and influence program/project design, evaluation and learning.
• Consultatively lead on the process of developing and regularly updating UYAHF’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning strategy and ensure all staff, change champions and key partners participate.
• Participate in program/ project design specially in developing log frames and regularly populating them with required information/data;
• Design, develop and continuously update project M&E, and impact measurement tools and systems on timely fashion;
• Develop and make sure all the projects have tested monitoring tools that capture both program activity and indicators progresses;
• Organize periodical ongoing program review, reflective practice, evaluation and progress monitoring and learning events by involving, staff, change champions, communities and local partners;
• Organize panel monitoring and/or similar Monitoring, Evaluation and learning events to ensure accountability to the target community, with relevant stakeholders including communities and ensure their dissemination to concerned parties;
• Establish and maintain project level information management system;
• Design a strategy to collect filed level information required by UYAHF, donors and/or stakeholders;
• Proactively ensure networking and sharing of lessons from the core programs/projects with strategic partners and other stakeholder including government;
• Ensure that learning from previous projects is incorporated into project design where applicable;
• Coordinate synergy and cross-learning among different projects and programs;
• Cross learning among projects by regularly producing (compiling) summary monitoring reports and sharing to staff and partners.
Monitoring and evaluation
• Track progress against monitoring work plans;
• Coordinate the field level community participatory monitoring and evaluation, reflective practice and impact measurement;
• Ensure the on-time execution of projects major monitoring and evaluation events including but not limited to baseline surveys, mid-term evaluations, final evaluation, data quality audit and field supervision;
• Provide technical assistance to staff and partner organization on information management system, proper data collection and record keeping;
• Provide consistent, supportive supervision to strengthen staff performance as necessary to meet monitoring objectives;
• Update M&E plan timely and provide feedback to program staff on status and quality of implementation.
• Assist with monthly and/or quarterly performance indicator analysis, including generation of reports as well as presentations for staff related to on-going performance;
• Conduct regular data verification exercises to ensure reporting and collection of quality data;
• Verify entered data for completeness, correctness, and consistency and follow up on any data quality issues;
• Document findings from data quality audits and store in project files to ensure collective and sustainable access;
• Closely work with staff to ensure they follow correct procedures and criteria during beneficiary registration;
• Take part in the recruitment of enumerators and survey consultants;
• Provide M&E inputs for reports written during project implementation;
• Periodically leads reflective practice forums at field office/ project level and compile lessons from project implementation processes.
Information management and reporting
• Establish and maintain project information management system;
• Submit data set to update country office wide program database on monthly basis;
• Compile regular project monitoring report, including lessons learned, prepared by different projects and application of evaluation recommendations;
• Ensure all projects have downward/ forward accountability mechanisms and works with project staff to facilitate implementation;
• Compile monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual tabular and narrative reports (as required by project stakeholders) on projects’ accomplishments by cost and alert the management for special deviations from the plan.
Capacity building and supervision
• Assist local partners in designing monitoring and reporting tools and establishing database management systems.
• Organize orientation for front line staff, partners’ staff and UYAHF change champions on the monitoring tools and train them how to use data for decision making;
• Build capacity of frontline staff and change champions to understand UYAHF’s program principles and the bigger picture, in general;
• Coach, mentor and supervise project officer/s and ensure their compliance to MEL.
• Assist staff in completing performance management activities including: performance planning, monitoring, and annual performance appraisals;
Responsibility for assigned adhoc duties
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
• Degree in M&E, project planning and management, statistics, computer science/IT/, Public health or any other related field; a master degree or post graduate diploma in any related field is an added advantage.
• At least three years’ demonstrated experience working in monitoring, evaluation and learning is preferred;
• Excellent computer skills are required (particularly Advanced Microsoft Excel, Access, power point and Word and other commonly used M&E computer programs);
• Strong data collection, analysis, and report writing skills required;
• Ability to work independently, think analytically and take initiative in solving problems;
• Ability to communicate technical issues effectively;
• Familiarity with log frame development, analysis and M&E plan;
• Experience in conducting assessments, survey and research;
• Desirable – Reproductive health background and Working with highly vulnerable and displaced people would be added advantage;
• Desirable – demonstrated knowledge in project planning, coordination and management would be an added advantage.
• Good verbal communication skills in local languages and working knowledge of English;
• A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with groups of diverse backgrounds.
What we offer
• The position is for working 40 hour a week from Monday to Friday
• A formal, friendly and supportive working space at our national and regional officer or partner’s offices.
A valid working permit and/or Uganda Passport/ national ID is required in order to be considered for the position.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume/CV (3 pages Max) with a motivation/cover letter (2 pages Max) and two reference letters, to:
email@example.com and Cc firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com before June 18th 2020.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.