Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum Accounts Officer Jobs
Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum Accounts Officer JobsYour challenge Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum is looking for one proactive, strategic and open-minded team member who has strong organizational sensitivity and believes in the potential of young people as a generation that holds the power to shape social economic development, challenge social norms and values, and build a foundation for country’s future.
The UYAHF Finance and Accountant Officer is responsible for the day-day accounting functions of UYAHF in a manner that supports the efficient management of financial transactions and reporting.
This function will be executed by ensuring proper documentation, accuracy and timely reporting, follow up on advances, support to finance and non-finance personnel, and ensure adherence to UYAHF financial regulation policies and procedures.
Core Duties and Responsibilities / Performance Objectives
• Will assist in the management of program finances and administration, ensuring compliance with donor financial procedures
• Prepare payment vouchers and corresponding cheques
• Prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements
• Prepare and process payroll, including statutory deductions payments and reports to the tax authorities
• Reconciling both vendors and staff advances accounts
• Reconcile general ledgers and bank accounts
• Review all captured business transactions in the accounting system for accuracy, consistency and proper allocation
• Recording of transactions in the accounting system
• Manage petty cash accounts
• Assist managers on forecasting monthly cash requirements and monitoring expenditures
• Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements (including expenses, receivable and payables.)
• Ensure submission of expense reports, bank reconciliations.
• Assist in the review of grantee financial documents
• Assist in the implementation of the internal control systems and financial procedures manual of the organization
• Assist in the training of grantees in financial management and compliance
• Identify and recommend improvement to SOPs
• Perform any other lawful responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by your supervisor and or any other superiors.
Key Requirements of the Role:
• Good understanding of accounting principles including accrual accounting, reconciliations, general ledger journals and preparedness to learn more complex principles
• Degree in Finance and accounting, economics, business and administration or any other related field; A master’s degree or postgraduate diploma in any related field is an added advantage.
• At least three years’ demonstrated experience working in finance and accounting for NGOs is preferred;
• A high level of knowledge and competency in Microsoft Office especially Word and Excel
• Commitment to ongoing professional development to acquire qualifications like CPA, ACCA, CIMA
• Knowledge of accounting packages such as Pastel, Navision, QuickBooks
• Results Orientedness. Understands what might hinder work from getting done and zeros in on the most critical.
• Ensuring confidentiality and professional integrity is upheld at all times.
• Planning – ability to plan efficiently in order to get the best results
• Decision Making – ability to make business sense and timely decisions
• Communication – effective communicator and negotiator. Speaks and presents themself well and is a good listener.
• Passion/ Drive – determination and a winning spirit
• A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with groups of diverse backgrounds.
What we offer
• The position is for working 40 hour a week from Monday to Friday
• A formal, friendly and supportive working space at our national and regional officer or partner’s offices.
A valid working permit and/or Uganda Passport/ national ID is required in order to be considered for the position.
Uganda Youth and Adolescents Health Forum is a dynamic and leading youth led and youth serving health and human rights organization that works to advance sexual and reproductive health and rights for young people, enhance gender equality and promote economic empowerment and young people’s meaningful participation.
UYAHF envisions a generation where young people are pro-active and meaningfully participate in national development processes and our overall goal is to empower adolescent girls and young women to live quality lives with equity, dignity, and opportunities to realize their full potential.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume/CV (3 pages Max) with a motivation/cover letter (2 pages Max) and two reference letters, to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and Cc email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before June 30th 2020. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.