Uganda Wildlife Research & Training Institute Principal Research Officer Jobs
Uganda Wildlife Research & Training Institute Principal Research Officer Jobs Job DetailsUganda Wildlife Research & Training Institute (UWRTI) is a semi-autonomous body under the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities, established by Uganda Wildlife Research & Training Institute Act, 2016.
The Mandate of UWRTI is: “Undertake research and training services for sustainable conservation and management of Uganda’s wildlife resources
The Principal Research Officer will be in charge of developing and implementing the research program of the institute
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate the Development and operationalization of the institute research policy (s) and ensure they are complied to.
• Ensure scholarly publications
• Spear head the review, finalize and regularly update the institute’s research strategic plan
• Building capacity of staff in wildlife research
• Develop and market wildlife research grant proposals
• Coordinate the development of the Institute’s Research Agenda.
• Develop and establish a research quality assurance framework for the Institute.
• Coordinate the development of the institute’s research ethics, policy, guidelines and establishment of the accredited institutional ethics committee
• Establish and maintain the institute’s research journal
• Initiate and spearhead any relevant wildlife research projects on behalf of the institute.
• Establish and maintain a data base on wildlife research in Uganda
• Participate in local, regional, national and international for a to make visible the research role of UWRTI.
• Write and submit competitive research proposals for funding to national and international funders.
• Establish a research network and connections with National and international Universities, Research Institutes and research centres.
Bachelor’s degree in Ecology related discipline and a Masters
• Degree in Natural resources Management. A PhD Degree and experience in establishment and management of Academic publications shall be added advantage.
• A minimum of 5 years working experience in natural resources management research in a reputable organization
• At least 3 publications in reputable peer review Journals.
• Research skills
• Scholarly writing and publication skills
• Analytical and presentation skills
• ICT skills
• Resource mobilization skills
• Communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Team building and networking skills
How to Apply
Suitable candidates should submit applications online each with a detailed Curriculum Vitae bearing contacts of three (3) Referees, a daytime telephone contact, copies of Academic Documents and relevant Appointment letters to the address below:
The Acting Director,
Uganda Wildlife Research & Training Institute,
P.O. Box 173, Kasese-Uganda
Applicants are required to attach CERTIFIED copies of academic documents.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that any form of lobbing will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applications attachments should be converted in a single pdf/rich text file format
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.