Uganda Tourism Board Senior Accountant Jobs
Uganda Tourism Board Senior Accountant Jobs
Senior Accountant Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Hospitality, and Tourism , Category: Accounting & Finance
Uganda Tourism Board
Deadline of this Job:
17 January 2020
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 06, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Uganda Tourism Board (UTB), is a statutory organization established by Uganda Tourism Board Statute of 1994 and reconstituted in the Tourism Act 2008 with the following Statutory Objectives:
• To promote and contribute to the Development of Tourism sector both within and outside of Uganda.
• To coordinate with the Ministry responsible for Tourism and the private sector in the implementation of the National Tourism policy.
• To carry out any other activities as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the two objectives speciﬁed above. UTB, an equal opportunity employer seeks to recruit suitably qualiﬁed and competent Ugandan professional to ﬁll the following position:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Salary Scale: T4
Department: Finance And Planning
Duty Station: Utb Headquarters
Reports To: Manager, Finance And Planning
Age: Not Above 40 Years
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To support the Finance and Planning Manager in the planning and implementation of all organizational plans, budgets and programs and in the preparation of all ﬁnancial statements and reports in accordance with the laws, policies, procedures and guidelines..
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain and enhance the internal control systems and manage the accounting systems in line withinternational accepted standards and in accordance with the Public Finance Management Act, UTB Financial Policies, procedures and guidelines and all applicable Government of Uganda legal frameworks.
• Establishing and maintaining books of accounts in accordance with the accepted policies and procedures.
• Facilitating the auditing of UTB accounts by both Internal and External Auditors
• Ensuring reconciliation procedures of various accounts are carried out in a timely manner.
• Preparing statutory statements for the Board and ensuring that non payroll statutory deductions such as VAT, etc. are calculated and paid in accordance with statutory requirements.
• Ensuring compliance to and maintenance of appropriate ﬁnancial accounting policies and procedures as stipulated in the Financial and Procedures Manual.
• Participating in the development and upload of the work plans and budgets, coordinating their implementation and
providing the budget performance reports.
• Ensuring that all advances/lmprest payments are correctly and fully accounted for with appropriate expenditure documentations. Managing payroll and ensuring that statutory obligations are timely remitted.
• Ensuring that the integrated Financial Management System (lFMS) is properly functioning, Preparing periodic and annual ﬁnancial reports.
• Performing any other official duties that may be Assignment from time to time.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge of accounting procedures, protocols. budget administration
• Experience in the use of PBS and IF MS
• Knowledge of ﬁnancial forecasting, analysis and reporting
• Ability to supervise and mentor staff
• Ability to inspire credibility, conﬁdence and build consensus.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the proven ability to provide leadership to a team.
• Ability to develop, monitor and evaluate multiple projects with multiple deliverables.
• Ability to plan, organize and lead the implementation of plans and processes.
• Proﬁciency in computerized ﬁnancial systems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• He/she should possess an Honors Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting or Commerce from a recognized University. Should gave professional qualiﬁcations in ACCA or CPA (U)
• Postgraduate qual
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified Job Application Procedure Interested and eligible Ugandans who meet the requirements are invited to apply.
Application with detailed CV (with email, telephone contact and postal address), plus copies of all academic certiﬁcates and transcripts, testimonials, past appointments and copy of valid National identity card.
Contact details( telephone, postal and email addresses) of three competent referees should be sent by courier or hand delivered to the address below latest 5:00pm Friday 17th January 2020
The Chief Executive Ofﬁcer,
Uganda Tourism Board,
Plot 42, Rotary Avenue, Lugogo Bypass,
6th Floor, Lugogo House.
P.0. BOX 7211 KAMPALA
This job advert can also be accessed on the UTB website: utb.go.ug/jobs
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!