Uganda Development Trust Program Officer Job at Uganda Development Trust Jobs
Uganda Development Trust Program Officer Job at Uganda Development Trust JobsJob Description: The PO will be responsible for all Power Africa and YALI projects that are managed by UDET and will report to the UDET Program Director.
He/she will be responsible for the following duties:
• Conduct due diligence site visits of potential USADF grantee off grid energy challenge and YALI finalists, including providing recommendations and reference checks,
• Conduct detailed cost verification exercises of potential grantees for the challenge program, including determining cost reasonability according to market prices
• Report to the Program Director on project implementation and performance of each project and also liaise with USADF Washington staff,
• Assist grantees during the implementation of YALI and Power
• Africa projects by providing them with business management and technical support skills.
• Ensure the successful projects are on schedule by conducting quarterly reviews on their performance.
• Assist grantees with importation of any project equipment] machinery they may require to procure,
• During project implementation of each project, verify the completion of each project's milestones by reviewing reports and conducting site visits to verify completion of each milestone.
• Submit reports of each milestone completed to UDET and USADF Washington.
• Assist grantees to ensure accurate and timely submission of their disbursement requests per completed milestone, review performance reports to verify accuracy of information include in these reports.
• Conduct monitoring visits on a regular basis to assess project implementation progress, identification of any implementation constraints and come up with corrective actions to address any constraints
• Assist grantees to accurately report on their project performance indicators on a monthly/quarterly basis, Help prepare grantees for audits by both internal and external auditors
Desired Qualiﬁcations and Experience
• Must be a Ugandan National
• Have a university degree in Business Administration, economics, engineering, ﬁnance, community development or other relevant area of development preferably at a Masters level. An MBA or a high-level academic training in analysis and planning rural project SMEs will be an added asset.
• Five (5) or more years of professional experience in Program Management, Monitoring, Evaluation and Financial analysis particularly related to small business development ideally in youth program management and renewable /off — grid energy sector
• Experience in conducting due diligence site visits of potential clients and conducting detailed cost veriﬁcation of proposed budgets to determine cost reasonability according to market rates
• Demonstrated experience in developing, designing and implementing business development projects, including knowledge of opportunities and challenges in Uganda.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively to impart effective skills and services to a broad spectrum of grantees
• Strong writing skills.
• Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word processing and ability to produce and review reports; experience in using computer models for ﬁnancial analysis will be an added advantage.
• Availability to travel frequently to rural areas in Uganda
• Fluency in English and proﬁciency in at least two or more other local languages. Must have ability to read and write English.
• Experience in the Ugandan- off- grid renewable energy sector is highly desirable.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please include the following:
• A letter indicating interest, experience and qualiﬁcations for the position.
• A current CV with a full address and telephone contact.
• Three letters from professional referees
• Proof of being a Ugandan Nationality and valid Driver’s license.
• The salary for the position is competitive and negotiable based on one's experience and past employment track record. Applications including all the requested information should be addressed to:
The Program Director
Uganda Development Trust
Plot 7'3, Kira Road
P .0. Box T713
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.