Uganda Clays Limited Head of Human Resources and Support Services Jobs in Uganda
Uganda Clays Limited Head of Human Resources and Support Services Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsUganda Clays Limited ("UCL") is a public company which is listed on the Uganda Stock Exchange.
It manufactures a broad range of high quality clay baked building products. It is a market leader in the industry.
UCL's main business operations are in two locations. The head office and one factory are located at Kajjansi on the Kampala-Entebbe highway.
The Company also has a branch office and second factory at Kamonkoli in Budaka District, on the Tirinyi-Mbale highway.
UCL was first registered in Uganda as a private Limited Liability Company in 1950 but the company's ownership has changed hands over time. UCL was the first company to be listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange.
Currently the principal shareholders are National Social Security Fund (32.5%), National Insurance Corporation (17.8%) while the rest of the shares are owned by institutions and 2,809 individuals.
Scope of Responsibilities
The Head of Human Resources & Support Services is responsible for ensuring that UCL is provided with all of the resources necessary for accomplishment of its strategic objectives.
The detailed responsibilities include
• Strategic Management of Human Resources & Non-Financial Support Functions
• Managing Staff
• Managing Finances for the activities of the Human Resources & Support services Department
• Management of Occupational Health & Safety
• To carry out other duties as requested by the Managing Director.
Education and Professional qualifications
• A Bachelor's Degree in human resource management, or management & administration, organizational psychology or equivalent.
• Membership of recognized professional personnel institute e.g. Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development or equivalent.
• Advanced degree in management & administration and related professional training is an advantage.
• At least 8 years' experience in human resource management in progressively responsible roles, with sound cross-functional experience.
• Extensive experience in multi-cultural and multi-site organizations.
• Expertise in national labour laws, employment legislation & employment best practices.
Excellent interpersonal, communications, customer service, consulting, coaching and organizational skills, with a track record of driving change and innovation
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application enclosing detailed curriculum vitae giving three references, copies of academic and professional certificates postal address and daytime telephone contact not later than 5:00pm, Friday 19th June 2020 addressed to:
The Managing Director
ABS Consulting Group
Workers House, 1 Pilkington Road,
gth Floor, Southern Wing
P.O. Box 29526, Kampala, Uganda
Applications can be hand delivered to our offices on Workers House, 1 Pilkington Road, 9th Floor, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification, and applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.