Uganda Clays Limited General Manager Kamonkoli Branch Jobs in Uganda
Uganda Clays Limited General Manager Kamonkoli Branch Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsUganda Clays Limited ("UCL") is a public company which is listed on the Uganda Stock Exchange.
It manufactures a broad range of high quality clay baked building products.
It is a market leader in the industry.
UCL's main business operations are in two locations.
The head office and one factory are located at Kajjansi on the Kampala-Entebbe highway.
The Company also has a branch office and second factory at Kamonkoli in Budaka District, on the Tirinyi-Mbale highway. UCL was first registered in Uganda as a private Limited Liability Company in 1950 but the company's ownership has changed hands over time.
UCL was the first company to be listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange.
Currently the principal shareholders are National Social Security Fund (32.5%), National Insurance Corporation (17.8%) while the rest of the shares are owned by institutions and 2,809 individuals.
In carrying out its Vision and mission, UCL contracted ABS Consulting Group to assist in a competence based recruitment and selection process seeking to hire qualified and self-motivated individuals to fill the following positions
The Detailed Responsibilities Include
• Support the company in strategic & operational planning and budgeting, ensuring that the Kamonkoli Branch has sufficient resources to accomplish its goals.
• To have oversight of the Kamonkoli branch with overall responsibility to provide leadership supervision of all activities conducted at the Kamonkoli branch and its defined business operational area.
• To strategically position the branch as a key player in the Production and Marketing of the company product range.
• To strategically think, plan and create value for the business through effective utilization of financial, material and human resources at the disposal of the Branch.
• To take personal responsibility for ensuring that Uganda Clay's Quality and Safety procedures are implemented at the Kamonkoli branch To carry out other duties as requested by the Managing Director and the Board
Education and Professional qualifications
• A Bachelor's Degree from a recognized institution in commerce, business management, law, engineering, economics or any other areas of humanities.
• A Master's degree in a related field and membership in a relevant professional body will be an added advantage
• At least 15 years of experience at top management level.
• Experience in manufacturing/construction industry. Strong leadership, organizational and managerial skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, customer service and organizational skills, with a track record of driving change and innovation.
• Strong problem-solving skills and strategic acumen, organizational diagnostic skills, analytical skills, and excellent team-building skills.
• High energy and maturity with ability to manage multiple teams simultaneously with competing priorities.
• Culturally astute, respectful and tolerant, able to promote and support diversity in the workplace, and able to gain the trust and respect of peers.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application enclosing detailed curriculum vitae giving three references, copies of academic and professional certificates postal address and daytime telephone contact not later than 5:00pm, Friday 19th June 2020 addressed to:
The Managing Director
ABS Consulting Group
Workers House, 1 Pilkington Road,
gth Floor, Southern Wing
P.O. Box 29526, Kampala, Uganda
Applications can be hand delivered to our offices on Workers House, 1 Pilkington Road, 9th Floor, or emailed to email@example.com
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification, and applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.