UCLG Africa Project Accountant Jobs in Uganda
UCLG Africa Project Accountant Jobs in Uganda
A full-time Project Accountant is being sought for hire, to be part of a team that will manage implementation of the EUR 1,052,631 project in Jinja City Council, running for 30 months, effective 18th December 2020.
United Cities and Local Governments of Africa (UCLG Africa) has, through a competitive process, secured a grant from the European Union (EU) to implement the Governance, Resilience and Greening (GRG)project in Jinja City Council. The EUR 1,052,631 grant agreement for the GRG project was signed on 18th December 2020 and declared to have entered into effect the same day. Main goal of the Partnership for Strengthening Governance, Resilience and Greening project is to Strengthen urban governance and improve resilience and greening of Jinja City Council, through partnerships and in accordance with the 2030 Agenda on sustainable development.
The objectives of the project are to;-
Strengthen institutional capacity in urban governance;
Support improvement of the Council’s financial management system;
Strengthen the resilience of the Jinja city council by improving solid waste management;
Enhance job creation opportunities with a focus on fostering a green circular local economy based on gender and rights based approaches and; Support green energy initiatives, with a focus on promoting solar lighting and eco-friendly mobility.
Tasks and responsibilities of the Project Accountant
Lead and manage the GRG project accounts and financial management section and ensure achievement of team and individual deliverables according to the project performance and implementation plans.
Offer technical advice to the Management Board and Steering Committee, as well as the implementing partners of the project.
Contribute to attainment of the objectives of the action by meeting individual targets through efficient and effective means, and in consideration of the specified rules.
Oversee and coordinate the project’s support towards the revenue information system of the city
Establish a project-level budget monitoring, reporting and accounting system, including reporting forms and filling system for the project, in accordance with the project requirements
Enter financial transactions into the computerised project accounting system
Reconcile all balance sheet accounts and keep a file of all completed reconciliation
Prepare and present accounts, financial statements and other requirements for auditing and be responsible for responses to audit queries.
Process payments, file and archive all relevant documents, including vouchers, invoices;
Develop and update budget status reports, monthly and quarterly financial progress reports;
Prepare final accounts and reports of the project
Maintain petty cash transactions. This includes writing of receipts, preparation of payment request form, receipt and disbursement of cash and clearance of advances
Maintain inventory of project deliverables, documents, files, equipment and materials;
requires work of a conceptual, analytical, innovative and advisory nature, at the higher professional level. It, therefore, necessitates sound financial management and accounting knowledge and skills.
Required educational background and work experience:
• A minimum of a university degree or post graduate qualification or professional course in the fields of Accounts, Finance, Audit or any relevant business related field from a recognised education institution.
• At least 5 years of professional experience in accounting in a reputable entity
• Proven ability to manage project accounts and finances, in a relatively large organisation/project
• In depth knowledge of accounts and comprehensive understanding of financial management
• Possession of report writing and situational analysis skills with demonstrated experience in preparation of books of accounts, financial reports and budget variance analysis.
• Strong ability to communicate in English;
• Proven ability to collaborate well and to deliver work in a timely manner.
• Work experience with MS Office applications, with high proficiency is spreadsheet, is a must
• Past experience in the use of finance management and information systems, is a must.
• Geographical knowledge of the project area will be of added advantage.
• Experience with donor funded projects will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Clearly state the position being applied for, in the application heading or subject line and include telephone contact details below your signature and name.
Deadline for application submission is 23rd February 2021, by 10.00am (GMT)
Please submit, by email, to the following addressee, your hand written and signed application letter along with: -
• an up to-date curriculum vitae;
• recent passport photograph;
• motivational letter (Not more than 1 page);
• copies of educational certificates and
• copies of proof of work/engagement experience
The Secretary General
United Cities and Local Governments of Africa (UCLG Africa)
22, Esaadyine Street 10020, Rabat-Hassan, Morocco
For the Attention of Mr. Mohammed Nbou, on the following email address, Mnbou@uclga.org
With a copy to the following addresses MJnyende@uclga.org, Nbennani@uclga.org
The successful candidates will be contacted through the emailed used in submitting the application. Those that will not have been contacted within 30 days following the application deadline, should regard themselves unsuccessful.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.