TWT Country Director Jobs in Uganda
TWT Country Director Jobs in Uganda
The Water Trust empowers the poorest rural communities to provide their children safe water and a healthy, clean environment to develop to their potential.
Since 2008, The Water Trust has partnered with more than 600 communities in Masindi and Kiryandongo, benefitting more than 300,000 people.
The Water Trust has developed an innovative savings group-based approach to increase the sustainability of rural water and the impact of hygiene and sanitation promotion.
Over the next three years, The Water Trust aims to scale up its programs through direct implementation and technical assistance partnerships, while continuing to partner with researchers to find new ways to raise the bar for impact and sustainability.
The Uganda Country Director (CD) leads the The Water Trust's operations in Uganda and drives growth through partnership development and revenue mobilization.
This position reports to the Executive Director and is based in Kampala.
The Country Director oversees a team of 25 staff across Kampala, Masindi, and Kiryandongo.
The CD is the lead representative for The Water Trust in Uganda, and she/he is expected to cultivate new strategic partnerships with funders and large INGOs to both secure grant funding and expand The Water Trust's impact beyond Masindi and Kiryandongo.
This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial senior leader with a strong capacity for organizational leadership and strategic partnership development.
The ideal candidate will have served as a Country Manager or Deputy Director in the past, have an established track record of securing institutional funding, and have a background in water and sanitation and behavior change communication. Candidates must have an existing right to work in Uganda, and Country Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Partnership development: Develop and foster relationships with multilateral, national and local funders, as well as international and national NGOs and government agencies.
• Revenue mobilization: Identify and secure grant funding from new institutional funders.
• Representation: Increase the visibility of The Water Trust in Uganda through participation in strategic alliances and key events and publications.
• Team management: Through human resource management, coaching, and personal example promote a positive organizational culture built on core values of rigor, humility, radical candor, accountability, and curiosity.
development: Lead management team to ensure high-performance and continuous improvement across functional areas.
• Program quality: Contribute expertise on behavior change communication to program design, monitoring, and evaluation, and ensure program quality control practices are implemented and functional.
• Compliance, safety, security: Ensure compliance of Uganda operations with all applicable laws and The Water Trust policy as well as best practices and organizational policy on safety and security.
Knowledge and Experience
• BA/BS in international development or related field required; MA/MS in development, public health, or related field preferred.
• 8-10 years of field-based experience in Uganda, including at least three years of experience in a senior leadership position in a development organization of a similar size, or in a regional leadership position of a larger INGO.
• Substantial development-related experience in water, sanitation, and hygiene, and/or public health programming.
• Demonstrated success managing and bringing together a multi-cultural team with team members in multiple offices.
• Demonstrated success in cultivating relationships with funding organizations and securing grant funding.
• Demonstrated success in establishing large-scale joint projects with government entities and large NGO partners preferred.
• Large, multi-year grant management experience with international donors.
• Experience designing behavior change communication programming strongly preferred.
• Strong understanding of water and health concepts, policies, and experiences relevant to Uganda.
• Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills, and an ability to shift between diverse contexts with relative ease.
• Strong analysis, writing, and presentation skills.
• Ability to provide constructive feedback as well as guidance.
• Ability and willingness to travel to rural communities, at times with availability of only very basic amenities.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; TWT Country Director Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.