Turkana County Government Medical Officers Jobs in Kenya
Turkana County Government Medical Officers Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsTurkana is the 2nd largest county in Kenya 77,000 sq.km.
It is also the north-western most county in Kenya and is known mostly for its scenic landscapes and rich culture.
• Management of patients in the outpatient, accident and emergency department and in patient wards using current guidelines and protocols;
• Responsible for daily clinical assessments and prescriptions of treatment to all patients attending the hospital
• With support from the relevant Specialist, ensures running of scheduled Medical, Obstetrical& Gynaecologic, Paediatric and Surgical clinics in the hospital;
• Giving relevant Health education information including explanation of tests and management options and procedures to patients;
• Carry out lifesaving emergency and elective surgical procedures in the hospital;
• Identification, co-ordination of referral of medical and surgical patients for further management and related support;
• Support in the preparedness and response to Surgical and medical emergencies, including support to outbreak emergency response in the county as may be
• Co-coordinating and ensuring medical teams in the department posted to; receive regular updated and timely continuous medical updates;
• Undertake medical examinations to certify physical fitness of clients;
• Ensure proper documentation of treatments and other relevant management interventions undertaken on patients in your department;
• Ensuring junior doctors, Registered Clinical Officers, other health cadres are well supervised. This includes teaching and adequate supervision of interns and medical / nursing students in your department;
• In the performance of your duty, undertake continuous professional development and keep abreast of developments in area of training;
• Advise the hospital management and hospital board on medical/clinical requirements and support on quality improvement interventions in the hospital;
• Perform any other duties as may be delegated by head of your team;
• Participate in related community health units support activities and programmes as may be necessary from time to time
• Holder of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) or Equivalent from an institution recognized in Kenya;
• Must have successfully completed one-year internship;
• Registered and with current practice licenses as issued by the Medical Practitioners’ and Dentists Board(MP&DB);
• Experienced in basic surgical procedures;
• In depth understanding of management of common medical conditions;
• Must have good interpersonal and Communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons for the position of the County Chief officer are requested to make their applications online and send their CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials, and identity card in a Zipped folder through the Board email: firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach the undersigned on or before Monday,4th May,2020 by 5.00pm.(East African Time).
For the positions of MOH, all written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials, and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawoitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway so as to reach the undersigned on or before Monday,4th May,2020 by 5.00pm. (East African Time).
Important information to all candidates
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.