Turkana County Government County Chief Officers Jobs in Kenya
Turkana County Government County Chief Officers Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsTurkana is the 2nd largest county in Kenya 77,000 sq.km.
It is also the north-western most county in Kenya and is known mostly for its scenic landscapes and rich culture.
Reporting to the respective County Executive Committee Member, the Officer will be the Accounting and Authorized Officer for the Department and will also be responsible for the following:
• General administration and coordination of the respective County
• Development, implementation and review of policies, Sector Plans and
• Overseeing management of Departmental resources, preparation of budget estimates, annual work plans and programmes
• Formulation and implementation of effective programs aligned to County visions and sector goals
• Implementation and monitoring of the Performance Management
• Organizing and coordinating consultative forums with Stakeholders
• Promotion of National Values and Principles of Good Governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya
• Ensure effective service delivery through implementation of laid out policies and regulations.
• Knowledge and understanding of Public Procurement Regulations and Guidelines
• Knowledge and understanding of Public Finance Management and controls
• Knowledge and understanding of Human Resource Management in Public Sector
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
• Be a Kenyan Citizen
• Be in possession of a first degree in a relevant field from a University recognized in Kenya.
• A Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
• Have relevant knowledge and experience of not less than seven (7) years in a Senior Management position in Public Service or Private Sector
• Demonstrate understanding of Devolved Governance
• Be a strategic and result oriented individual and able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and
• Have knowledge and experience in Programme Based Budgeting, Planning and Financial analysis.
• Demonstrate thorough understanding of County development objectives and Kenya Vision 2030.
• Have Effective Communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons for the position of the County Chief officer are requested to make their applications online and send their CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials, and identity card in a Zipped folder through the Board email: email@example.com so as to reach the undersigned on or before Monday,4th May,2020 by 5.00pm.(East African Time).
For the positions of MOH, all written applications, CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials, and identity card should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
Turkana County Public Service Board,
P.O. BOX 05, Lodwar, – 30500.
delivered by hand at the reception desk at Turkana County Public Service Board Offices located along Nawoitorong’ road Opposite Lodwar Club located off Kitale-Lodwar highway so as to reach the undersigned on or before Monday,4th May,2020 by 5.00pm. (East African Time).
Important information to all candidates
• Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.