The Mitchell Group Vacancies in South Africa
The Mitchell Group Senior Public Health Technical Advisor (HIV/AIDS and TB) Jobs in South Africa
The Mitchell Group, Inc., an international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC, is currently is seeking expressions of interest from qualified Senior Public Health Technical Advisor (HIV/AIDS and TB) candidates to propose for an upcoming activity providing monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning support to USAID/South Africa programs.Position Description:The HIV/AIDS & TB Adviser, will provide technical leadership, and guidance to advance the ongoing monitoring, evaluation, research of HIV & AIDS and TB issues facing the health team of USAID/South Africa.
This position will contribute to functions within the larger team related to monitoring, evaluation, research, learning and strengthening program quality.
The position will support and advance program quality, provide expert advice/support, and transfer skills through technical assistance and the development of local capacity.
The Advisor will contribute to agency reporting and monitoring requirements to measure results, documentation, and program research. The position will also assess and support with the planning, completion, and documentation of family planning and HIV/AIDS compliance in order to meet U.S statutory requirements.
The position will work closely with others to advance collaboration, joint programming.
The HIV Advisor will serve as the focal point and for HIV/AIDS & TB related activities.
The Adviser will also support the research-related components of the project including literature reviews, secondary analysis, and special studies as needed.
· Support design, and monitoring and evaluation planning of operational research to answer key program questions;
· Along with HIV/AIDS team, support the development of evidence-based program standards and guidance that reflect best practices and state-of-the-art approaches and promote widespread application. Set technical standards/priorities for evaluation and for research;
· Maintain knowledge of state-of-the-art information, and with field-based colleagues identify internal/external good/promising practices.
· Lead and support in the planning and implementation of area program learning meetings and facilitate other cross-program learning;
· Developing and maintaining a family planning and HIV/AIDS compliance checklist to be completed during site visits
· Developing a family planning and HIV/AIDS compliance module for SIMS visits
Medical Degree/Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, behavioral sciences, population studies/demography, social sciences or related field or equivalent experience
A minimum of 10-15+ years professional experience in the design, analysis, dissemination, and management of research pertaining to HIV/AIDS and TB interventions in developing countries;
Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, health management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation
Familiarity with USG/PEPFAR compliance, performance measurements and criteria
Demonstrated strong management, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple host-country counterparts in both the public and NGO sectors
M&E experience in increasing the capacity, coordination, absorption and retention of nurses, midwives, pharmacists, community health workers, social service workers in the areas HIV, TB, and other chronic diseases
How to Apply:
For more information and job application details, see; The Mitchell Group Senior Public Health Technical Advisor (HIV/AIDS and TB) Jobs in South Africa
The Mitchell Group M&E Capacity Building Specialist Jobs in South Africa
The Mitchell Group, Inc., an international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC, is currently is seeking expressions of interest from qualified M&E Capacity Building Specialist candidates to propose for an upcoming activity providing monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning support to USAID/South Africa programs.
The main function of this position is plan, prepare and deliver on-the-job trainings to targeted participants both internally and externally to USAID/South Africa.
This position should involve learners in the planning and implementing of their learning activities and create a climate that encourages and supports learning.
He/she will be responsible for using innovative and evidence-based training techniques to engage and maximize learning in M&E topics among groups of multi-cultural participants from various sectoral backgrounds and with varying levels of M&E experience.
Responsibilities could include:
· supplementary M&E course modules with credentialed access to online training in the core M&E competency areas for USAID and/or IP staff;
· on-the-job training of Mission and IP participants in core M&E topics such as PMP and M&E Plan, DQAs, as identified by the project;
· implementation of the Knowledge Management (project learning) tasks, in close coordination with the Knowledge Management Advisor
· annual work plans, M&E plans, progress reports, and other ongoing monitoring & evaluation tasks, as programmed in the project’s annual work plans
This position requires the following minimum requirements:
A Masters in social sciences or relevant field with at least 8 years of relevant experience, or Masters in similar fields with at least 12 years of relevant experience.
At least five years of experience working in the development sector with focus on capacity building, preferably in monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL)
Experience working with international organizations, preferably USAID/South Africa, including coordination and conduct of capacity building and facilitation
Experience using and training on computer applications relating to portal-based data entry, verification, aggregation and reporting, as well as Microsoft Office applications
Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills in English (a recent writing sample will be required)
How to Apply:
For more information and job application details, see; The Mitchell Group M&E Capacity Building Specialist Jobs in South Africa
Closing date: 12 June 2017
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in South Africa.