Telkom IT Mediation and Business Intelligence Specialist Jobs in Kenya
Telkom IT Mediation and Business Intelligence Specialist Jobs in KenyaAbout This Role Reporting to the Manager of Business Support Systems, the job holder will be required to administer and support BI and Mediation applications. In addition he/she will liaise with the business to ensure expectations are met on time.
What You Will Do
• Monitor BI and Mediation applications ensuring that all downstream applications receive inputs.
• Perform data catch-up and other corrective actions in the event of faults.
• Perform data quality and consistency checks on data in the BI and Mediation applications.
• Generate and circulate daily, weekly and monthly application QOS reports.
• System administration of BI and Mediation system by ensuring system and user configurations are set up correctly.
• Handling business requests which involve carrying out feasibility study and implementation on BI & Mediation systems.
• Document BI and Mediation processes/systems and ensure they are up to date.
• Perform troubleshooting, first/second level support and resolution of issues with respective system vendors.
• Project involvement in procuring and implementation of BI and Mediation systems /upgrades.
• Involvement in system design and assess the effectiveness of technology resources already in use or new systems that are being implemented
• Redundancy and back up management - ensuring redundancy for BI and Mediation are backed up and that backup system is available and working.
• Carry out system maintenance together with system administrators and database administrators to ensure Mediation and BI systems are functioning optimally e.g. disk space check/expansion, memory & CPU checks
• Generate on-demand reports for the business users
• Training of users
• Drive and Initiative
• Customer focus
• Ability to work well as a part of a team
• Problem solving
• Ability to work long hours to meet deadlines
• Good interpersonal skills, innovative and creative
• Ability to work without supervision
Requirements for the Job:
• A degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
• Qualification in Programming / Databases
• Qualification in ITIL /E-TOM,
• At least 5 years background in IT with specialization in Telecommunication B.I and Mediation applications
• Proficient in Unix & Microsoft OS, Unix Scripting, programming and Relational Databases
• Experience in documenting processes and system architectures
• Proven experience in implementation of projects with regards to B.I. and Mediation
How to Apply
Application should be sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org for internal applicants and to
email@example.com for external applicants by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 30th June 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.