Telkom Head of Product & Innovation Jobs in Kenya
Telkom Head of Product & Innovation Jobs in KenyaPurpose of the Role The role is responsible for the Mobile and Mobile Finance Products and Services portfolio.
The Head of Product & Innovation will perform product management for the GSM and mobile money products and services including strategy planning, concept definition, implementation, launch and on-going performance and the lifecycle management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Defining the new product development and innovation processes for the Mobile division and integrating it into the rest of the company
• Developing and implementing methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures, progress reports and staff conferences, in order to inform management of current status of each project
• Working together with the leadership team to develop the strategic product roadmap for the division, providing regular updates and strategic analysis of the progress in achieving the roadmap goals
• Overseeing and managing the Product Team to develop and launch approved products and services
• Defining and managing the change request roadmap with inputs from technical and commercial teams. Oversee the Product Team to implement approved change requests and service improvements
• Working together with technical teams in order to design, configure and deliver the systems, products and services to meet requirements and deadlines
• Defining and monitor the customer experience for consumer, corporate and distribution users of our systems and oversee continued improvements to the user experience
• Selecting correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones
• Undertaking leadership and mentoring of the Product Team and manage execution of section objectives
• Establishing staff KPIs, conduct periodic performance evaluations and plan staff training and skills improvement
• Preparing budgets and approve budget expenditures; Control expenses to meet budget guidelines
• Managing delivery of the road-map meeting timeline expectations of the business.
• Maintaining strong ties and consistent communication with Marketing, Agency, Operational and Technical teams to capture appropriate commercial requirements and manage technical implementation and project timelines.
• Proven management and motivation skills
• Strong analytical skills including demonstrated experience in product development and proven performance demonstrating innovations
• Solid understanding of market, competitors & customer
• Strategically Oriented – solid understanding of the integrated set of products and services included within the MFS portfolio; able to identify opportunities & define and implement these opportunities
• Financial Management – develop and manage budgets, drive down costs wherever possible.
• Presentation and communication skills – superior, both written and oral. Experience in report writing.
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, IT or related field from a recognized institution
• Minimum 8-10 years of experience in product development, prior leadership experience and relationship management, including 2-3 years in a similar position.
• Experience in Telecommunication / ICT industries and good understanding of these services and solutions are preferred.
How to Apply
Application should be sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org for internal applicants and to
email@example.com for external applicants by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 30th June 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.