Telcom NOC Engineer –Cable Landing Station Jobs in Kenya
Telcom NOC Engineer –Cable Landing Station Jobs in KenyaRole Purpose As a NOC Engineer you will be expected to successfully undertake all activities relating to routine maintenance, corrective maintenance, root cause analysis and network quality initiatives for the submarine cable network components .
• Ensure prompt traffic restoration and to institute action plans during emergencies like submarine cable cuts and/or failure of undersea submerged repeaters and equalizers.
• Perform daily, weekly and monthly routine maintenance procedures for submarine line terminating equipments;1620 SLTE, SDH equipment 1678 MCC, 1675 Lambda Unite, Ciena Core Director and SubCom LTE.
• Perform daily, weekly and monthly routine maintenance procedures on Power Feeding Equipment, rectifiers and batteries.
• Perform corrective maintenance procedures in case of the malfunction or breakdown of the DWDM Submarine landing station equipment.
• Check, record and institute corrective maintenance procedures on the auxiliary subsystems.
• Ensure that all test gears e.g. power meters, OTDR and OSA are well calibrated and available for use during emergencies.
• Perform preventive maintenance procedures on the GENSET and to report promptly to the maintenance contractor in case of anomalies
• Check and ensure the diesel fuel tank has enough fuel in case of emergencies.
• Assist contractors technically and logistically during new installations or as otherwise directed by the Team leader.
• Conducting orientation tours to members and/or visitors as directed by the Team Leader.
• Highly skilled engineer able to competently resolve issues on fiber optic equipment & DWDM technologies
• Must be able to work in a 24 hour shift schedule, including Sundays & public holidays.
• Must be able to drive (hold a valid driver’s licenses)
• Team player
• Initiative and hands on
• Ability to work without supervision
• Results oriented
• Ability to work long hours to meet deadlines
• Bachelors Level Engineering Degree/Diploma or equivalent in Electrical and Electronics, Telecommunications (Transmission).
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a transmission engineer
• 2 years telecommunication experience in fibre optic transmission equipment
How to Apply
Application should be sent to
email@example.com for internal applicants and to
firstname.lastname@example.org for external applicants by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 3rd June 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.