TASO Uganda Laboratory Field Mentor Jobs
TASO Uganda Laboratory Field Mentor Jobs The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
TASO requires the services of dedicated, competent, innovative and result-oriented individuals for employment on a contract basis for the posts .
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Laboratory Field Mentor will provide routine mentorships, oversight, and support to laboratories in Public health facilities (PHFs) and HIV counselling and testing (HCT) settings that conduct POC testing in the Cluster areas.
He/she will work closely with the DHTs and the Laboratory Hubs to ensure quality laboratory services for HIV/AIDS and TB management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Laboratory capacity in the Cluster area built for scaling up HIV/AIDS / TB services in order to achieve the project objectives
• Capacity of laboratory hub networks and DLFPs in the Cluster area built to support the rest of the laboratories through technical support and mentorship Technical support and supervision of all health workers offering HIV/AIDS related laboratory services in supported public facilities in the Cluster area provided.
• Performance of Key Laboratory indicators tracked including National dash boards, PEPFAR core tests especially with emphasis on AHD and Logistics monitoring) done
• Develop a QA/QC system internal quality control system and external quality control system and standard operating procedures and manuals) in line with Moh guidelines and ensuring their use in selected facilities.
• Establish and monitor equipment Management and Maintenance Systems in targeted Laboratories in liaison with national and Regional equipment teams
• Establish and monitor the Laboratory Supply Chain Management System and ensure timely ordering of buffer stocks for the targeted laboratories in the Cluster areas.
• Provide on-site training and mentorship on a regular basis to all POC testing operators in facilities, including phlebotomists and nurses, to ensure continuous improvement in the quality of POC testing being offered.
• Develop and implement mentorship and supervision plans for the health facilities offering POC testing in the Cluster
• Assess the tools required to strengthen POC testing in facilities and manage their development, e.g. job aids, standard operation procedures, and data management tools.
• Work closely with phlebotomists, Laboratory Assistants, Laboratory Technicians, Nurses and Midwives conducting POC testing to improve data management and record keeping for stock management and quality assurance. 8. Continually assess training needs of Health care workers involved in POC testing and coordinate with the Capacity
• Development Advisor to plan required trainings including quality assurance, data management, SLAMTA, LQMS, Biosafety / Bio security, Lab SPARS (supply chain).
• Coordinate and oversee external quality assurance program for all POC testing sites and provide feedback tofacilities on their performance to enable continuous improvement.
• Provide regular mentorship updates and reports to the Capacity Development Advisor and the Laboratory Support
• Advisor and all key stakeholders supporting the UNHLS/CPHL in laboratory services.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Cluster Team Leader or TASO Laboratory Support Advisor.
• Conduct SLAMTA and LQMS mentorships to the supported facilities
• Support Bio safety / Bio security activities in the supported facilities
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Medical Laboratory Technology.
• A post graduate diploma (especially related to management) will be an added advantage.
• At least 3 years' experience in laboratory planning, management, and QA/QC.
• Experience in design, development and implementation of medical laboratory systems at different levels in the health services Experience in conducting SLAMTA and LQMS and Bio-safety and Risk management trainings
• Experience in development of Laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Experience in analysis and reporting of data for program decision-making.
• Experience in providing technical Assistance to large scale HIV/AIDS HSS laboratories within MoH structures and Systems
• Possession of a valid license to practice as a Laboratory Technologist in Uganda
• Proven ability to ride a motor cycle is a MUST
• Good report / proposal writing and presentation skills.
• Good judgment and quick decision making skills
• Ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a challenging, multi-cultural environment Strong communication skills, including the ability to deliver compelling presentations Detail-oriented with excellent organization and problem-solving skills
• Ability to multi-task, and to work independently with a commitment to excellence High proficiency in applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Other Qualities/Attributes: Integrity, Emotional control, Confidentiality and Openness, Team player, Ability to work under mental and physical stress and Empathy.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; TASO Uganda Laboratory Field Mentor Jobs
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.