TASO Uganda Grants Management and Compliance Officer Jobs
TASO Uganda Grants Management and Compliance Officer Jobs The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
TASO requires the services of dedicated, competent, innovative and result-oriented individuals for employment on a contract basis for the posts .
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Grants and Compliance Management Officer shall provide support to the TASO Soroti Region Consortium team for effective project implementation and post-award management of the project sub-grantee portfolio within the region.
Under the direction of the TASO Grants Manager, s/he shall work collaboratively within the Regional Project Management Team, especially with various Technical Advisors within the Regional Project, the Finance Manager and the Cluster teams; to support implementation, evaluation and learning with respect to key sub grantees and in line with TASO's implementation framework.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Technical support/coaching and mentoring in relation to grant management, audit, accounting provided
• Financial supporting documents, budgeting and assessing budget proposal aligned,
• Request for grant disbursement handled Grant documents compiled and filed
• Financial system assessment conducted Input/advice in grant management, and sub-grantee budget proposal assessment provided.
• Monitoring field visits with partners to follow-up on the use of grants conducted Technical support on financial management and accounting capacities, policy improvements and compliance to donor regulations and guidelines provided.
• Works under the direction of the Grants Manager to support the effective post award grant management and successful implementation of key awards under the TASO Soroti Region Consortium project
• Maintains a deliverable tracking sheet and status update for the assigned key sub-grant portfolio and contributes to monthly monitoring and reporting.
• Monitors and tracks sub-grant project expenditures against budgeted expenditures for the assigned sub-grant portfolio
• Ensures timely and accurate reporting both internally and for CDC-the donor.
• Coordinates reviews of program reports for the assigned sub-grantee portfolio
• Mentors and Coaches and provides guidance to project teams at Cluster level on grant management issues.
• Participates in developing and implementing grants management guidelines, policies, and protocols and captures learning from post-award grant management processes. 8. Assists in sub-award partner relationships related to post-award management.
• Assists with preparation, coordination, and facilitation of project start up and close out processes, including drafting of Sub-Award contract agreements.
• Works with the Regional Project team in providing input into the annual operating plans and key team activities including: learning, grant management, and ensures communications and visibility.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
• A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Qualitative Economics, Public Administration, International Development, Grants Management, Accounting and Finance or a related discipline.
• At least 1-3 years' professional experience in grant management or international development.
• Experience managing budgets and cost projections.
• Proven ability managing, and guiding project staff and partners regarding a variety of donors' rules and regulations (i.e. USG, PEPFAR etc.)
• Experience with US government donors a plus including a working knowledge of Ugg rules and regulations.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines. Proven communication and interpersonal skills in multi-disciplinary working environment.
• Flexible, Adaptable, Detail-oriented, and a Team player.
• Computer literacy, particularly word processing and spreadsheets.
• Having lived and worked in a rural setting is strongly preferred.
• Other Qualities/Attributes: Integrity, Emotional control, Confidentiality and Openness, Team player, Ability to work under mental and physical stress and Empathy
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; TASO Uganda Grants Management and Compliance Officer Jobs
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.