TASO Uganda Driver Jobs
TASO Uganda Driver Jobs
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
TASO requires the services of dedicated, competent, innovative and result-oriented individuals for employment on a contract basis for the posts .
Main Purpose of the Job:
To drive TASO vehicles, monitor their condition, and inform the supervisors of the condition of the vehicles and any maintenance or repair work necessary.
• TASO vehicles carefully and safely driven
• Condition of vehicles reported to supervisors TASO Vehicles well looked after Record of vehicle movement maintained
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Drive TASO motor vehicles as instructed
• Ensure maximum security of vehicle and its accessories when under his/her charge
• Ensure vehicle is insured and fuelled
• Ensure vehicle is fully equipped with First aid kits
• Ensure safety of passengers and cargo under his charge
• Check for road worthiness of vehicle before use
• Monitor condition of all vehicles within and promptly report the condition to superiors.
• Make follow-ups on vehicle repairs and servicing, to ensure that they are done as required
• Check on vehicles licenses as required by law
• Make requests for repair and service works
• Report any
accident incidents the vehicle gets involved into to supervisor and police as required
• Carry out minor repairs and adjustments on the vehicles, and maintain their cleanliness
• Check oils viscosity and mileage for full service
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
• Uganda Certificate of Education (O 'Level School Certificate).
• Advanced Certificate of Education (A' Level School Certificate) will be an added advantage.
• Possession of a Valid Driving Permit for the Class of vehicles assigned (DM & DL) is a Must.
• 4 years as a driver and practicing.
• Special Knowledge
• Training in vehicle maintenance
• Knowledge of traffic laws and rules
• Highway code
• Report writing skills
Key Skills: Vehicle control and maneuver, Defensive driving, Interpersonal relations and ability to deal with security threats.
Other Qualities/Attributes: Courtesy, Patience, Respect and Integrity.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; TASO Uganda Driver Jobs
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.