TASO Uganda Clinician Jobs
TASO Uganda Clinician Jobs
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
TASO requires the services of dedicated, competent, innovative and result-oriented individuals for employment on a contract basis for the posts .
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Clinical services that meet national, international and TASO standards received by clients and staff provided Drugs and other medical supplies administered appropriately to clients and staff
• Set Standards and procedures offered for clinical services adhered to ART facility / community activities managed and supported Necessary information to clients and staff provided Information during the planning and budgeting period provided
• Assess and manage pain basing on the analgesic ladder
• Carry out proper investigation and take history of patients' illnesses
• Screen and manage STIs / clinical sessions
• Carry out medical examinations and investigations
• Make follow up on patients attended to and appropriate referrals
• Prescribe drugs for the different diagnosis in a rational way
• Provide quality medical care with bias to palliative care 8. Ensure that all medical registers are updated i.e., TB, ART, FP, EMTCT. PreP. VMMC etc.
• Monitor TB patients at the center and communities.
• Carry out hospital visits and home care
• Promote QI project in the department
• Follow standards and guidelines for ART delivery and support in the community
• Organize and mobilization of community members for HCT services
• Monitor and document adverse reaction
• Review sessions clinically and carry out phlebotomy
samples for CD4 chemistry
• Conduct / attend case conferencing and CMEs
• Carry out HCT pre-test, post-test and HBHCT
• Manage STIs in key populations and follow them up to start on ART
• Provide information to clients aimed at reducing their vulnerability to AIDS and other HIV related diseases and infection through health education/talks 20. Conduct AIDS awareness and sensitization in communities and facility
• Write, submit abstracts and participate in conferences 22. Attend monthly and quarterly meetings
• Participate in developing and implementing departmental work plans and budgets
Person Specifications: Clinician
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health. Registration with Allied Health Professional Council is a MUST
• One (1) year experience in Clinical work
• Special Knowledge: HIV management
• Ability to communicate medical facts to non-medical personnel
• Motorcycle riding is a Must. The applicant must attach a copy of a valid riding permit (Class A)
• Ability to speak the local dialects is desirable.
• Other Qualities/Attributes: Integrity, Emotional control, Confidentiality, Openness, Team player, Ability to work under mental and physical stress and Innovativeness.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; TASO Uganda Clinician Jobs
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.