TASO - Quality Improvement and Knowledge Management Specialist Jobs in Uganda
TASO - Quality Improvement and Knowledge Management Specialist Jobs in UgandaMain Purpose of the Job: The Quality Improvement and Knowledge Management Specialist will facilitate innovative methods of knowledge exchange across the project to ensure synthesis and dissemination of project activities, best practices , and lessons learned.
This position is expected to build and expand upon knowledge sharing practices already in place and to create a strategic knowledge management program for the project.
In addition, this position will contribute to knowledge management strategy development and implementation for TASO as a whole, facilitating knowledge exchange across all projects, head office , and staff.
• ,Work plans and budgets develop
• Quality improvement collaborative sites coordinated
• Materials for trainings and learning sessions develop and updated and coaching visits conducted
• Strategic documentation, communication , and dissemination plans developing and maintaining
• Technical support to project teams to initiate and maintain knowledge management practices provided
• Reports and success stories prepared and submitted in time
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Develop timely work plans and budgets for activities to support TASO to use quality improvement methodologies to improve HIV care.
Efficiently coordinate the implementation of activities to support TASO to improve care for people with HIV
Manage a quality improvement collaborative of 10 - 15 sites to improve care for people with HIV, including conducting peer learning sessions and site coaching.
Regular report writing including progress reports, and success stories .
Support site and district quality improvement teams conduct monthly data collection,analysis, use and reporting.
Develop and update materials for trainings, learning sessions and coaching visits.
Employ and champion innovative knowledge management methods and techniques to close knowledge gaps and promote both internal, cross-project sharing of key ideas and external dissemination of information for the project.
Support the project team to develop, edit, and produce materials on innovations, evidence-based lessons learned, and best practices, ensuring that all materials produced in audience-specific formats. Topics will include HIV/AIDS; tuberculosis; quality improvement; health systems strengthening; health communication and behavior change; and research and evaluation.
Advice on the development and production of websites , intranets , videos , social media strategies and messages, international meetings, conference posters and presentations , press releases , project reports, technical briefs, success stories , and other events and materials.
Aid the project team in developing and maintaining strategic documentation , communication, and dissemination plans to meet project goals and reach key stakeholders.
Provide technical support to project teams to initiate and maintain knowledge management practices in Ankole sub-region.
Serve as part of the corporate knowledge management working group to develop and implement TASO-wide knowledge management strategies that foster organizational learning and growth.
Promote and facilitate communities of practice in key technical areas throughout TASO.
Liaise with the global health knowledge community outside of TASO.
Quality Improvement and Knowledge Management Specialist
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in a Medical field and a Master's degree in Public Health, or another related field .
Experience and Exposure
• At least 5 years of experience with organizat ional development, knowledge management , and/or organizational learning functions, with experience in USG-funded projects strongly preferred. Minimum of two (2) years' HIV/TB clinical experience. Familiarity with USAID regulations is desired.
• Familiarity with USAID regulations is desired.
• Public health experience and familiarity with quality improvement methodologies is desired
• Experience with knowledge sharing technologies and social media.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills and experience working with other implementing partners.
• Good analytical skills
• .Willingness to travel and spend over 50% of their time in the field
• Firm understanding of innovative knowledge management concepts and methods and experience developing and delivering knowledge sharing programs
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with advanced editing experience. Ability to explain complex concepts in layman's language
• Robust interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate, get consensus across different teams, and establish productive relationships
• Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to interpret data
• Strong client orientation , with an understanding of client needs and concerns and an ability to provide a prompt and effective response
• Self-motivat ion and drive for results
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
Quick judgment , Observation qualities, confidentiality , and Professional maturity.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; TASO - Quality Improvement and Knowledge Management Specialist Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.