TASO - Pharmacy Logistics Support Officer Jobs in Uganda
TASO - Pharmacy Logistics Support Officer Jobs in UgandaMain Purpose of the Job: The Pharmacy Logistics Support Officer is responsible for the forecasting, quantification , transportation, storage and management of Medical supplies in the Cluster Area ; working closely with Medical Access Uganda Limited (MAUL), National Medical Stores (NMS), National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Program (NTLP), the District Health Office and Ministry of Health.
S/HE also provides technical support to the procurement teams for procurement of pharmaceuticals, medical devices and related equipment.
• Proper operation of Medical Stores for medical supplies including placing the orders , receipt, storage and distribution to all Health Centers in the Cluster Area ensured
• Records updated using the WAO$,system in accordance with relevant schedules , policies, processes , standard operating procedures and instructins
• A healthy and safe work with the right temperature, humidity and light exposure in the warehouse maintained
• Quality reports and/or related deviation reports compiled and submitted in time
• Proper recording of medical supplies received
• Monitoring and reporting of compliance as guided by the standards done
• Regular checking-up of medical supplies in the Medical Store and alert the Pharmacy Logistics Support Advisor ensured
• Proper timely replenishment of all drugs done
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure that temperature , humidity and light exposure in the warehouse is in accordance with the requirements of the products, in particular ascertain that the cold chain is functioning, maintained calibrated and storage conditions are according to the World Health Organization (WHO) standards as well as satisfying national regulations .
Ensure that quality reports and/or related deviation reports are compiled and submitted in time with necessary documents as required.
Ensure proper recording of medical supplies received.
Work with the DHTs in monitoring and reporting of compliance including but not limited to receiving, storage, picking, packing, loading, off-loading and dispatch of medical supplies , stock level, batch management , dormant medication or medication with a shelf life less than six months, follow up on any damaged or expired stock and destroyed material and subsequent destruction thereof.
Work with the DHTs to ensure regular checking-up of medical supplies in the Medical Store and alert the Pharmacy Logistics Support Advisor as required to avoid stock out situations and ensuring proper timely replenishment.
Represent TASO and acts as point of contact for local governmental and official bodies (such as Ministry of Health and Pharmacists' Council) , legal, third party insurance companies , pharmaceutical inspection , and audit situations relating to management of medicines and medical supplies.
Obtain necessary approvals of all pharmaceutical and medical supplies from the Ministry of Health, including scrutiny of transportat ion documents and authenticating official letters or technical reports in the process and keeping records of medical approvals.
Sign all documents using her/his pharmacy license for TASO-supported sites in the Cluster areas as may be required by MOH and the Pharmacy Council.
Work with the DHT to manage and conduct Pharmaceutical Control Inspections of medical supplies at their storage areas, including physical attendance and collection of inspected files.
Work with the DHTs and Regional Performance Monitoring Teams (RPMT) to mentor and coach health facility teams on forecasting, quantification, and logistics and supply chain management.
Follow up with the Procurement and Logistics Unit Regional team to ensure timely procurement , transport and delivery of medical supplies to the districts and health facilities in the Cluster Area.
Provide technical support to the procurement teams in the districts for procurement of pharmaceuticals, medical devices and equipment.
Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Cluster Team Leader or the Pharmacy Logistics Support Advisor .
Person Specification: Pharmacy Logistics Support Officer
[Minimum Academic Qualifications: Diploma in Pharmacy/ Dispensing. Degree in Pharmacy will be an added advantage. Possession of a valid license o practice Pharmacy in Uganda is a Must.
• Training in Forecasting, Quantification and Logistics and Supply Chain management is desired
• Comprehensive knowledge of Antiretrovira l therapy and HIV/AIDS treatment guidelines
Experience and Exposure: At least two years of experience in pharmacy services, one of which should have been in administration and management of the medical supply chain operations
• Proven ability to ride a motor cycle is a MUST
• Good command of written and spoken English
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others in team working environment
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills, sound judgment and demonstrated problem-solving skills
• Ability to use the computer especia lly programs used by WAOS and RX Solutions. Knowledge of MS Office Applications. Experience in the use of computers and an understanding of their use in inventory management and health Applications .
Other Qualities/Attributes: High level of Integrity, Emotional control, Confidentiality and Openness, Team player, Ability to work under mental and physical stress and Empathy.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; TASO - Pharmacy Logistics Support Officer Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.