TASO - Laboratory Services Officer Jobs in Uganda
TASO - Laboratory Services Officer Jobs in UgandaKey Outputs
• Developed work plans for implementation of activities
• Support supervision for Laboratory Support Specialist provided
• Laboratory services in Ankole Sub-region coordinated; Laboratory supplies and reagents monitored and availed; Coordinated trainings , mentorships and coaching
• HUB operations supervised
• National, and district coordination meetings attended
• Laboratory equipment functional ; Operational SOPs
• Bio risk, EQA and IQA plans developed
• SLMTA activities coordinated
• Sample transport routings developed
• Technical advice to the DLFP's and RLFP's provided
• Timely reports generated and submitted ; Viral Load (VL) performance in Ankole Sub-region monitored
• Functional Laboratory Information Management SystemKey Duties and Responsibilities Develop Ankole Sub-region Laboratory implementation plans, timelines and budgets for all activities
Offer ongoing administrative support to Laboratories for facilities implementing in Ankole Sub-region (covering issues that arise.on logistics, payments, computers , work plans, etc.)
Support the rollout of Lab SPARS through orientation of users of Lab SPARS database training for new and existing lab mentors , lab supervisors, DLFPs & facility laboratory personnel in use of the Lab SPARS tools
Offer support and ensure proper implementation, including documentation, of the laboratory quality management system in Ankole Sub-region facilities according to international accreditat ion standards
Support rollout and use of Laboratory Management Information System (LMIS) in facilities in Ankole Sub- region 6. Coordinate regularly with the RHITES-SW Region Lab logistics Officer , the lab SS technical lead and others to
ensure QA/QC reagents and supplies are replenished at the Ankole Sub-region Labs.
Develop and provide regulatory guidelines for the evaluation of use and supply of laboratory reagents and POC medical diagnostic devices and management of approval process of the POC Diagnostic Medical devices in Ankole Sub-region.
Provide information to manufacturers I suppliers on the regulatory assessment of Diagnostics/POCs to
determine the level of scrutiny of the assessment and to assure the quality, safety and performance in clinical use in facilities in Ankole Sub-Region.
Troubleshoot and resolve technical and quality-related issues and implement process improvements as needed.
Regularly review and approve tra ning materials (trainers guide & exercises, participant guide & exercises , Summary , Power point presentations ).
Ensure clear and accurate technical procedures and consistency between Ankole Sub-region protocols , laboratory documents and workftow processes.
Regularly monitor and support Scale up efforts of EQAs, Viral load and EID DNA PCR laboratory testing in facilit ies in Ankole Sub-region.
Carry out monitoring and evaluation of Ankole Sub-region laboratory activities. 14. Any other duties as and when assigned by your immediate supervisor.
Person Specifications: Laboratory Services Officer
Minimum Academic Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Laboratory Technology or Medical Laboratory Sciences. Must have a valid practicing license from Allied Health Professional Council (AHPC).
Experience and Exposure
• At least 4 years of working experience
• Prior experience with US Government supported programs is an added advantage.
• Experience of working with MoH.
• Previous exposure and experience working in an internationally accredited laboratory and implementing accreditation standards, including SOPs, document management, and quality improvement process.
• Good knowledge of MS Office programs like Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Project management skills
• Strong capacity building/training experience
• Ability to meet required deadlines
Other Qualities/Attributes: Quick judgmen t , Observation qualities , Integrity, Assertiveness , High level of confidentiality , and Professional maturity
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; TASO - Laboratory Services Officer Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!