TASO - Gender and Psychosocial Officers Jobs in Uganda
TASO - Gender and Psychosocial Officers Jobs in UgandaMain Purpose of the Job : The Gender, and Psychosocial Officer will provide technical assistance to project and Health facility staff , Community-Based structures and District Health Teams (DHTs) in integrat ion of a gender perspective to the RHITES- SW work, ensure that gender is mainstreamed and strengthened ; and effective linkages and referrals for quality TB and HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment and support responses in the Cluster areas.
• Work plans and budgets for Gender, and psychosocial services prepared and submitted
• Standards for the provision of gender and psychosocial services developed
• Quality of Gender and psychosocial service delivery coordinated
• Technical support for efficient and effective gender and Psychosocial services provided to the facility and community based structures
• Gender and psychosocial Technical capacity of facility and community structures, strengthened
• Case Management Approaches in the community and facility setting Implemented
• Adherence and Disclosure guidel es in community setting Implemented and monitored
• Effective referrals and linkages in the cluster areas
• Differentiated service delivery models and community support programs plans in collaboration with health facilities implemented
• Quality Improvement approaches in improving linkage to care so as to reach the UNAID95-95-95 targets applied
• High quality project monthly and quarterly reports compiled and submitted on time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Support implementation and integration of gender and GBV in health service delivery at targeted health facilities and provide support for activities that address sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV).
• Provide training and mentorship to community volunteers in case management, referrals and linkages for GBV prevention/ response and psychosocial services.
• Develop and maintain effective networks with relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, Government Institutions, community leaders and service providers to ensure collaboration , synergy and sharing of experiences on gender issues.
• Provide guidance regarding Psychosocial, GBV prevention and post care services to all Case Workers, ensure referral pathways are shared and understood by the service providers.
• Ensure the implementation of an effective referral system at the Facility and community level for survivors ' access quality case management services in a timely manner.
• Contribute to the development of project monitoring systems and help to ensure that Case Workers utilize these systems correctly and consistently.
• Lead case management of Gender Based Violence Cases and ensure proper documentation, assessment, case plan implementation, follow up and information management of all GBV cases.
• Ensure that all project activities meet expected standards , policies and guidelines on Gender and Psychosocial services are up held.
• Maintain up-to-date statistics and program data on gender and psychosocial services for the project supported sites in collaboration with the M&E department.
• Provide technical assistance to Local Implementing Partners in HIV case identification, linkages to care and Treatment as well as Retention strategies .
• Work with the local CBOs and Community-Facility Linkage Facilitators to conduct community education/mobilization to generate demand for HIV services and ensure the uptake of HIV Counselling and Testing Services for children , adolescents and adults in a child-friendly manner at community level.
• Support family testing and safe disclosure for households of index patients enrolled at the facilities.
• Supervise the peer educators, expert clients and linkage facilitators conduct referrals , follow ups and defaulter tracing .
• Facilitate initiation to care and treatment of all identified HIV positive individuals, including children and adolescents.
• Work with the local CBOs to establish new and strengthen existing psychosocial support groups (PSSGs) at community level to promote retention.
• Strengthen linkages into care and treatment in both facility settings and test ing done in the community level targeting children, adolescents' age target 0 age to 18 years and adults.
• Improve linkage to the care system with a stronger focus on case finding and client indexing.
• Strengthening the multidisciplinary'linkage coordination at the facility and Community levels.
• Design, monitor and report on key activities related to scale-up of HIV/A IDS prevention interventions and Gender based Violence .
• Support Continuous Community Quality Improvement approaches for Gender based Violence and HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment in Cluster areas.
• Prepare high-quality comprehensive monthly, quarterly and annual reports and ensure timely submission of regular. Contribute to development of project and donor reports on activities, indicators and achievements, as well as best practices and lessons learned
Experience and Exposure
• Minimum 3 years of direct psychosocial/counse lling experience with a reputable agency; experience working with survivors of violence and providing technical assistance I mentorship of HCWs in HIV/AIDS prevention and community linkages within MoH structures and systems.
• Clear understanding of Psychosocial, abuse of power, and issues surrounding GBVNAC
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, professional ethics and respect for clients at all times
• Strong ability to lead, train, facilitate and motivate others in their respective tasks in a professional, respectful and suppo rtive manner.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in HIV/AIDS management , prevention and community referral and linkages as per the national community referral and linkages framework .
• Good working knowledge of HIV/A IDS prevention programs, strategies , processes and techniques used to plan, develop , implement and evaluate results of HIV/AIDS programs.
• Knowledge of Quality GBV standards, methodology and tools
• Knowledge of community mobilization and facilitation techniques
• National and international gender and HIV/A IDS declarations and commitments
• National gender and HIV/AIDS frame work including policies and procedures
• Managing grants and proposal writing
• Knowledge of USG programming policies and regulations, MoH and district procedures and practices.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team.
• Counseling skills
• Computer skills in MS Word , Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience of capacity strengthen ing through formal and informal training
• Ability to plan strategically , and communicate with key actors in a dynamic and unpredictable operating environment
• Problem solving and decision making
• Understanding of gender, age and other socio-cultural factors
• Ability and willingness to work in a participatory manner with a diverse range of client and communities
• Other Qualities/Attributes: Integrity, . Emotional control, Confidentiality, Openness , Team player, Self-driven , Empathy and Ability to handle pressure'and work under minimum supervision.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; TASO - Gender and Psychosocial Officers Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.