TASO - EMTCT/Early Infant Diagnosis - Midwives Jobs in Uganda
TASO - EMTCT/Early Infant Diagnosis - Midwives Jobs in UgandaMain Purpose of the Job: The EMTCT I EID Midwife will provide technical support in the areas of Elimination of Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV/Early Infant Diagnosis (EMTCT/EID), Nutrition Assessment and Counselling Support (NAGS) to the regional and district level project teams and health facility personnel.
S/he will support the implementation of EMTCT/EID and NAGS services in the Cluster Areas in Ankole Sub-Region.
S/he will spearhead mentorship and supervise district frontline health workers in both technical aspect of elimination of mother to child transmission of HIV (EMTCT) and in professional health care delivery.
• Implementation of EMTCT/EID and NACS activities conducted
• Annual work plans in the areas of EMTCT/EID and NACS services developed
• Technical assistance in the development and use of technical policies and guidelines related to the improvement of EMTCT/EID provided
• EMTCT technica lworking groups attended
• EMTCT/EID and NACS activities monitored
• Regular reports to the Prevention, Care and Treatment Technical Lead/Cluster Team Leader and the programmatic and technical personnel provided
• Sharing of best practices and lessons learned with key stakeholders promoted
• Integration of EMTCT/EID and NAGS with the other technical areas ensured
• Early initiation of ANC (at least by 12 - 14 weeks) by pregnant women through Community mobilization promoted
• Re-testing for HIV negative pregnant women during antenatal, Labour and post-natal in line with national guidelines promoted
• Couple/partner HIV/ST! testing and counseling for all young women promoted
• Safer sex for discordant couples, dual protection, and prioritization for treatment promoted
• Provision of STI treatment to young women and their partners promoted
• Adolescent , friendly Sexual Reproductive health services, targeting adolescent girls and young women age 1-0- 24 years established.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate the provision of mentorship to front line health workers within the district health facilities in delivery of elimination of mother to child transmission of HIV services (Option B+), Early Infant Diagnosis care in the region.
Support implementation and use of MoH guidelines and ensure compliance with MoH policies.
Coordinate required trainings for the district staff in relation to implementat ion of EMTCT/EID and NACS.
Support professional continuous medical education sessions at the health facilities in line with EMTCT areas.
Facilitate continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities to improve EMTCT within the district health facilities.
Participate in QA/QC for services in project-supported facilities in Ankole sub-region.
Ensure that all heath facilities make and submit required reports in time and also generate reports for the program reporting on Cohort analyses.
Ensure the health workers obtain the updated and required tools to support care
Coordinate and support follow up of clients (Mother-Baby Pairs) to improve retention in care for Option B+ patients and their exposed infants.
Support integration of maternal care within EID care points to support client centered care.
Coordinate technical support supervision for Health facilities in the region.
Scale up integration of family planning counselling and services including condoms provision into all eMTCT and HIV services.
Support the provision of family planning services (including dual protection) through community-based structures that provide support to HIV-infected women and partners.
Disseminate tools to facilitate integration of FP, eMTCT and HIV services
Work with Health facilities to provide quality infant feeding counselling and support during ANC , delivery , post natal and immunization clinics including during outreach service provision.
Build capacity of the district eMTCT/H IV & AIDS , TOT teams , with public and private sector representatives , in eMTCT, EID and Paediatric HIV care and treatment through training , refresher courses, orientation meetings and support supervisory visits
Work with the DHTs to coordinate Nutritional Assessment and Counselling Support (NACS) and provision of Ready-to-Use Therapeutic Feeds (RUTF) to malnourished infants and young children
Work with the DHTs and PHFs to facilitate the provision and access to HIV-Exposed Infants (HE!).
Coordinate modular training/refreshers of health providers (with practical component) in eMTCT, EID and Paediatric HIV care and treatment as defined in the Regional and District training plans.
Conduct mentoring and QI learning for health workers already trained and providing services in general PMTCT, infant feeding, EID and adult ART to also deliver Paediatric HIV care and treatment , using modules of the updated training materials.
Compile best practices and harmonize approaches into a comprehensive community service package that can be owned and sustainably implemented at all levels.
Support existing community organizations , civil society activities, local culture group activities and professional organizations that can be used to support and build capacity of community structures in delivering the national plan for eMTCT.
Person Specifications: EMTCT I EID Midwife
Minimum Academic Qualifications: Certificate in Enrolled Midwifery or a related field with Training in Elimination of Mother to Child Transmission Option B+.
Additional Training: Certificate in Training of Trainers
Experience and Exposure
• At least 3 years' experience in HIV/AIDS programming, preferably with PEPFAR-funded projects
• Program management experience with implementation of EMTCT/EID programs
• Knowledge and •understand ing of maternal and child health, elimination of mother to child t ransmission issues especially goal oriented
• Knowledge in Quality Improvement approaches to improve service delivery .
• Report writing skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel and power point packages
• Attention to detail, especially regarding data accuracy
• Good communication skills, including making oral presentations
• Sensitivity of cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV and EMTCT services
Other Qualities/ Attributes
• Ability to work with others and maintain compatibility among project staff , sub-contractors, consultants and the community leadership
• Ability to work with minimum supervision, team player with drive as an initiative
• Familiarity with decentralized public health systems.
• Willingness to work in rural settings
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; TASO - EMTCT/Early Infant Diagnosis - Midwives Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.