Summit Recruitment & Search Ltd Managing Director Jobs in Kenya
Summit Recruitment & Search Ltd Managing Director Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsOur client, a company supplying quality livestock and crop products as well as training farmers and pastoralists across Kenya, is seeking a highly motivated and hands-on Managing Director for its offices in Nairobi.
The successful candidate’s main responsibility will be to lead the growth and profitability and that the company achieves the commercial and social objectives set by the Board.
It is essential that the Managing Director is committed to wealth creation among farmers and pastoralists, is goal-orientated and has the ability to find innovative ways of growing the company.
The Managing Director is expected to have a proven track record of running a successful business /business unit in East Africa.
Knowledge of the crop and livestock sectors in Kenya highly desirable. .
• Track developments in the market and advise the board on major developments and opportunities.
• Ensure the company’s risk matrix is up to date and risk mitigation measures are in place.
• Ensure that the company fulfills its constitutional, regulatory and legal obligations.
• Ensure that best practice HR policies are in place and followed throughout the organization.
• Lead in preparing and monitoring annual and quarterly operational plans and budgets including key performance indicators.
• Lead, monitor and track key financial indicators and take action necessary to achieve financial targets.
• Ensure that day to day operations are effective in the use of resources and produce maximum impact.
• Ensure that the Company has efficient and effective procurement and distribution systems
• Ensure that the Company has excellent financial & IT systems in place.
• Develop the brand to become a recognized, respected and trusted brand among target customers and partners in Kenya.
• Develop appropriate marketing and communication strategies for the business at the national and local level.
• Actively look for new business development opportunities for the company.
• Maintain good relations with the bankers, major suppliers and other key external stakeholders
• Represent the Company in local, national and international events.
• Work with the Chairman to ensure the company develops an excellent working relationship with the donor partners and meets its contractual obligations to all stakeholders.
• Work with the Chairman to ensure that the Company understands and supports the monitoring and evaluation requirements of the grants delivers information in a timely manner.
• A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
• Over 10 years’ experience in senior management positions and has achieved significant sales growth and profitability.
• Experience in business management, sales and marketing in a relevant industry.
• An understanding of rural development issues and how commercial activity can contribute to that
• Proficiency in Ms. Office, Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, Ms. Power Point.
• An innovative approach to business with strong problem-solving abilities.
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and lead high-performance teams.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills.
• A strong empathy with rural people.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Summit Recruitment & Search Ltd Managing Director Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs.Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions,career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.