Summit Recruitment & Search Ltd Manager of Engineering – Africa Jobs in Kenya
Summit Recruitment & Search Ltd Manager of Engineering – Africa Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsOur client is looking for an experienced Manager of Engineering, Africa, for its offices in Nairobi or South Africa.
The successful candidates will be responsible to provide technical leadership for the structural engineering group, and in collaboration with the Head of Engineering, Africa, develop standards and procedures for the group.
In addition, he/she will be responsible for ensuring that the group production activities and deliverables are in compliance with approved engineering standards and meet the highest quality standards.
The successful candidate will lead with creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgement to anticipate and solve routine and complex engineering challenges, as well as developing new product solutions to meet customer demands.
She/he needs to communicate with applicable areas of the business, as well as external clients and works with them to ensure that all concerns and challenges relating to structures are resolved in a timely manner. .
• Provide technical oversight for analysis and design activities, including review and approval of engineering reports, drawings and specifications.
• Perform analysis and design of low to high complexity for new or existing steel and concrete structures using hand calculations, analysis software or other approved engineering methods.
• Lead the development of standards, guidelines, tools and procedures for use throughout the region.
• Provide technical leadership for major upgrade projects and development
• Work with vendors and Supply Chain to optimize existing product designs and develop new products to meet customer demands.
• Lead forensic investigation efforts and document findings in well-organized reports.
• Develop and enforce quality control measures for structural engineering activities and deliverables.
• Provide technical support for engineering software, tools, and other enterprise applications.
• Keep abreast with engineering-related developments in the telecom industry and provide advice to the Head of Engineering, Africa and other relevant stakeholders.
• Train and develop engineers in the principles and practice of engineering, as well as engineering tools.
• Act as a Manager of Engineering resources for markets within the region.
• Supervise and manage the performance of Senior Structural & Structural Engineers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or a related field required.
• Professional engineering license required.
Preferred experience includes at least one of the following
Minimum of seven (7) years in design and analysis of tower structures.
Minimum of ten (10) years in structural design.
Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience in construction or field engineering for wireless communications structures.
• Minimum 2 years of experience with AutoCAD required.
• Working knowledge of TIA/EIA-222 standard and other relevant steel &concrete standards is a plus.
• Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience required.
• An active member of a professional organization or technical society preferred.
• In-depth knowledge in the analysis and design of steel and concrete structures, as well as the development of construction drawings and specifications, including tower analysis software.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational, planning and project management skills.
• Strong leadership skills as well as strategic and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of construction methods, as well and health and safety requirements.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Summit Recruitment & Search Ltd Manager of Engineering – Africa Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs.Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions,career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.