Stromme Foundation Economic Inclusion Officer Jobs in Uganda
Stromme Foundation Economic Inclusion Officer Jobs in Uganda
Job Details: Stromme Foundation (SF) is a Norwegian international non-Governmental Organisation. From its Head Office in Kristiansand, Norway, SF works through a field structure comprising of Regional and Country Offices in East and West Africa, and Asia to implement projects in the areas of creating Employment and lob opportunities, promoting inclusive Education (IE) and strengthening the capacity of local communities. SF‘s field structure works closely with local partners in implementing projects and programmes.
Economic Inclusion Officer
The Economic inclusion officer position is a National local position based in the Stromme Foundations Regional Office for East Africa (SFEA) in Kampala. Uganda.
The Economic inclusion officer has the overall responsibility for the development, coordination, monitoring, promotion, development, and growth of SF’s livelihoods activities (these include but not limited to the following: Community Managed saving groups, Food Security, Life skills training, business development and other credit plus activities) and capacity building interventions of SFEA partners in Uganda, Kenya, and Tanzania..
• Take lead in the management and implementation of the Livelihoods program activities in line with SFEA policies and procedures.
• Promote use of technology and innovations in the Livelihood programme.
• In Liaison with PMEAL unit oversee baseline data household surveys to, establish status at onset and annually review and establish changes m their livelihoods of participating households,
• Work closely with the PMEAL Officer in timely monitoring and evaluation and providing monthly activity, quarterly and annual narrative reports to ensure quality and provide timely feedback to partners on issues for follow up.
• Prepare periodic reports, annual plans, Quarterly plans. activity plans and documentation on the Livelihoods activities.
• Manage SAVlX MIS of Partner Organisations (F0) and ensuring that all partners have updated their SAVIX W8 on time.
• Ensure that all Livelihood programme interventions are based on the Rights
• Ensure qualitative and quantitative growth of the CMSG portfolio.
• Together with the partners, target group and other stakeholders build/facilitate the development of the SF Livelihoods programme by developing/integrating other relevant credit plus activities of high impact on the lives of the poor and, in the poor communities where we intervene.
• Participate in the regional resource mobilization and preparation of the regions annual reports and proposal.
A Degree or its equivalent in Agriculture, agribusiness, development studies, business field, or any other related field.
• Excellent track-record in project management.
• Must have a minimum of three years documented working experience in training savings and credit groups, business development skills. Food security or related fields.
• Technical training qualifications in areas of Agriculture, Food security, Livelihood Sustainable Agricultural
Agribusiness, Fisheries or other related field is an added advantage.
• Have a dynamic personality with a sense of initiative, good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Relevant personal experience with the green economy programming promoting youth green entrepreneurs, digital financing, and working commercial villages.
• Conversant with digital tools (including monitoring tools) and workflows. Familiarity with principles and practice of savings—led microfinance Strong data analysis background and familiar with VSLA MIS.
• Strong experience of supervising implementing partners.
• Experienced TOT trainer.
• Experience working with poor communities on development matters, environment management and gender change, disability inclusion, anti-corruption, advocacy, governance, gender equality and children rights is added advantage.
• Experience with the use of mobiles in groups is an added advantage.
• Good report writing and presentation skills.
• Fluency in English language and Swahili is an added advantage.
• Willingness to regularly travel to the field.
• Ability to think strategically; work creatively, effectively and in an innovative manner.
• Good interpersonal, communication and proposal; writing skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
How to Apply
Internal: Interacts frequently with all staff art or SFEA in field office in Moyo and Regional Office for SFEA in Kampala.
External: Liaises with service providers and various government bodies and non-governmental Organization in collaboration with the finance and Admin Assistant.
SF staff members shall be expected to be faithful to the founding values and guiding inspiration of SF and demonstrate consistent commitment to the organisation's ideals and vision. The position requires frequent travel to the field within the region. The position is placed in SF’s salary structure and will be compensated accordingly.
Send your application, Curriculum vitae, and Contacts of three referees by 5th March 2021 to;
Tile Regional Director. Stromme Foundation, Plot 1, Kololo Hill Drive, PO Box 27200 Kampala.
Or send by email to:
email@example.com with the subject line of which post you are applying.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.