Standard Bank Senior Developer (Salesforce) Jobs in South Africa
Standard Bank Senior Developer (Salesforce) Jobs in South Africa
Job Details Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for an experienced Salesforce Developer to join our Salesforce team at our Johannesburg offices.
Standard Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 20 countries across the African continent.
To manage and oversee the Bank’s strategic development initiatives which include the execution and implementation of application delivery programmes and projects against the Bank’s standards, policies and procedures and governance guidelines and Service Level Agreements.
The Senior Developer provides technical solutions to the needs of stakeholders by interpreting business requirements, defining technical tasks, engineers quality software, performing end to end testing, as well as supporting and troubleshooting technical questions, software and database issues.
• To develop, document and implement standards, policies and procedures and governance guidelines and SLAs
• To provide accurate estimates and effort for code changes
• To deliver technical solutions within the agreed timelines and budgets
• To provide technical support to IT production, when required.
• Resource allocation – projects are adequately resourced and knowledge sharing is in place
Adheres to Agile methodologies and follows Agile principles through work outputs and behaviours.
• Collaborates with colleagues from different disciplines in a cross-functional team to deliver against iteration targets
• Works in partnership with Business representatives (e.g. Product Owner, Product Manager) ensuring alignment and value to the customer.
• Manages their work effectively as an individual and team member including the reprioritisation of backlogs and reacts flexibly to changing demands through:
Managing their work using available resources and methodologies ensuring full team engagement
Estimating the size and complexity of the work within the team and managing this appropriately
Determining the technical design in their area of concern, within the architectural guidelines
Driving team commitments to the work in every iteration or Program Increment
Is responsible for value and builds to continuously improve the quality of deliverables
Scope, Plan, Design and Review end to end solutions
• Render advice, maintain and implement the organisations system development standards, methods and procedures.
• Assist in the assessment and selection of suitable software packages and technologies to meet all or parts of specified requirements.
• Engage with Information Technology support teams and business stakeholders to scope plan and design end to end solutions.
• Formulates strategic plans which will have long term cost savings
• Advises development staff on the evaluation and impact analysis of major design options
Plan & Organise
• Contribute to the development of annual business application plans
• Evaluate technologies and establish their relevance and feasibility
• Align to technology strategies needed in the portfolio to remain current with prevalent technology trends as recommended by architecture team
• Manage and control the budget for the respective functional areas as per the business objectives
• Manage the functional teams, status reporting, budget of the various areas involved
Define and Develop application code
• Produce outline system specifications using solution designs, functional specifications or technical specifications as input, including input into scope, constraints (such as performance or resources), hardware, network and software environments. Lead a team of developers in own or outside of own team to deliver on agreed solution.
• Produce specifications for systems functions, information flows, data loads, implementation strategy, phasing of development, requirements not met and alternatives considered.
• Produce component
designs taking into account the solution design, performance requirements and existing systems.
• Review input into risk analysis and development plans in order to consider the impact of design decisions.
• Design and review user and system interfaces including menus, screen dialogues, inputs, reports, validation and error correction, processing rules, access, security, audit controls, recovery routines and contingency procedures.
• When required, work with data analysis colleagues to review, approve, produce or update system or object data models and correlate these with corporate models.
• Review, approve and update or work with database design or database administration teams to translate object and data models into appropriate database schemas within design constraints.
• Assist less experienced colleagues with complex coding problems.
• Conduct quality assurance and approve developed code linked to supplied specifications for production deployment
• Provide guidance to colleagues on any aspect of program component design, creation, testing and documentation.
• Ensure that applications are built in line with continuous delivery/ continuous integration standards.
Conduct Testing on various IT platforms
• Prepare test cases for unit testing purposes.
Review test cases as produced by other developers for unit testing purposes as required.
• Conduct unit testing and fix detected errors. Testing can be done on own work as well as on that of other colleagues in the team.
• Develop technical support documentation within agreed standards, review and approve technical support documentation produced by developers.
• Document all work done as per standards, methods and tools used in the bank for application development. Review work done by developers to assure all work has been done as per standards, methods and tools used in the bank for application development.
• Construct, interpret and execute end to end system and program tests to verify correct operation of completed systems.
• Ensure adherence to release methodology and technical change management procedures for all changes.
• Adhere to own or manage team's project timelines for new developments and agreed service level timelines for repairing defects.
Drives continuous improvement
• Coaches more junior developers on technical aspects of application development, controls, and documentation standards as well as on engaging effectively.
• Perform quality assurance on the work completed by junior developers. Quality assurance can cover code developed as well as supporting documents and test plans.
• Actively look for opportunities to shorten development times, improve skills of the team and improve cost efficiency of application development activities.
• Ensure that all component designs take into account all specified requirements and constraints.
• Provide level 3 support and production standby post go live.
• Monitor & Evaluate
• Portfolio reporting (quality, delivery performance and application value) to Practice Lead
• Manage risks related to application development and implementation
• Proactively build resource capability
• Effective resource management and allocation to projects
• Measurement, monitoring and review of the application development processes with the goal of continuous improvement
Minimum Qualification and Experience
BSc Comp Science, B.Com Informatics degree or advanced degree
7-10 years Broad experience in translating business and functional requirements into technical specifications and developing the programming code to create the solutions.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Standard Bank Senior Developer (Salesforce) Jobs in South Africa
Find daily jobs in South Africa. Jobs - South Africa jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest South African job positions, career opportunities & jobs in South Africa.
Jobs in South Africa - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in South Africa.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in South Africa posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.