Standard Bank Manager, Information Assurance Jobs in South Africa
Standard Bank Manager, Information Assurance Jobs in South Africa
Job Details Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture.
To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for an experienced Manager, Information Assurance to join our team at a senior management level. Standard Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 20 countries across the African continent
To assist the Head, Information Governance in the execution of the Group Information Risk mandate.
To provide continual assurance and identify risks in line with the Group Information Risk Management approach, Integrated Operational Risk strategy and Regulatory requirements; and to act as the link between Group Information Risk and the Business Units.
To provide advisory services to ensure that information risks are adequately mitigated and accounted for within the CHNW Data Governance Programme.
To establish (in conjunction with the Manager, Monitoring & Oversight) and ensure adherence to the enterprise data governance framework and leading practice for data policies, standards and practices, both at the Business Unit and Functional Unit areas level, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection required to meet overall business needs.
To monitor and provide assurance that the Group’s data and information risks are under explicit management control to prevent significant reputational, financial, information or other loss to Standard Bank and its clients.
Monitor Data Governance and Information Risk across CHNW and the embedded Information Risk Functions to internal and external stakeholders as required.
• The development, management and oversight of information risk monitoring and assessments aligned to regulatory/industrial guidance;
• Maintains and enhances an effective data assurance function within the Group Information Risk and Data Governance framework.
• Performs assurance assessments (e.g. within EIM initiatives) using the Group Information Risk and Data Governance frameworks and reports on data issues and remedial actions throughout the lifecycle of the initiatives.
• Monitors adherence to thresholds, methodologies and new models for Information Risk Assurance.
• Produces Information Risk assurance reports (e.g. adherence reports on data quality) to be tracked through various committees within CHNW.
• Conducts Information Risk assurance assessments and conformance reviews of adherence to defined Information Risk processes for issue closures.
• Drives consistency of the execution of RCSAs across EIM and within the Data Manager Business Unit Domains for all elements pertaining to data and information.
• Defines the baseline requirements as well as the process for closure of significant data issues in collaboration with the risk fraternity and Group Internal Audit.
• Assists with the definition of test cases for data to be executed as part of CTB (change the bank) data requests arising from the labs.
• Undertakes ad hoc reviews and investigations of standards,
policies and business rules pertaining to Data Governance and Information Risk across the EIM capabilities, develops analysis reports, documents key findings and ensure issues raised are resolved in a timely manner.
• Aligns with Quality Assurance teams in geographies, the Data Lab and BU Domains to define and implement processes for data quality assurance.
• Develops and maintains an Information Risk assurance dashboard for EIM and BU Data Management capabilities.
• Communicates assurance controls and follows a transparent process to drive awareness across EIM and BU Data Management domains.
• Keeps abreast of emerging trends to enhance data assurance practices.
• A widely adopted Information Risk framework and Data Governance requirements as evidenced in audit findings and maturity assessments
• Key findings and recommendations reported that are signed off by the initiative owners
• Adherence to data assurance process as gauged by line management
• Established and maintained EIM and CHNW
Information Risk assurance dashboard
Engagement with CHNW Risk and Audit
• Raises pertinent data risks across the PBB Information Risk ecosystem and monitors trends and submits recommendations for pervasive and sustainable remediation.
• Engages with Industry bodies and Group functions regarding Compliance, Privacy, Audit and Risk controls that impact Information Risk Management and Data Governance within CHNW.
• Ensures closures of gaps identified by Ops Risk and Internal Audit to ensure ongoing compliance.
• No repeat Audit findings pertaining to data and information within CHNW
Policies, standards and controls
• Conducts quarterly reviews to assess conformance to industry standards, Group policies, standards and business rules.
• Performs evaluations and assessments for detecting weaknesses of controls and deficiencies in the systems and processes that store and handle data and recommends appropriate safeguards.
• Reduction in the number of incidents of non-conforming data processes
Minimum Qualification and Experience
• Business Commerce Degree
• Member of Data Management Association (DAMA) or a similar international organisation Certified Data Management Professional or Certified Information Management Professional
• 5-7 Years experience in providing information governance assurance to business stakeholders and dealing with data matters. Experience in sustainable data remediation practices. Exposure to various Business Support functions and knowledge of process optimisation through the implementation of practical approaches.
Understanding and awareness of pertinent legislation affecting data and information. Exposure to DAMA Framework for end-to-end Information Lifecycle.
Exposure to Internal Audit. Knowledge of Governance Frameworks: e.g. COBIT 5, King IV, Knowledge of Industry Frameworks: e.g. PCI-DSS.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Standard Bank Manager, Information Assurance Jobs in South Africa
Find daily jobs in South Africa. Jobs - South Africa jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest South African job positions, career opportunities & jobs in South Africa.
Jobs in South Africa - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in South Africa.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in South Africa posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.