Standard Bank Group Officer - Collateral Monitoring Unit Jobs in Kenya
Standard Bank Group Officer - Collateral Monitoring Unit Jobs in KenyaJob Details Risk Management Understanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
Ensure that the Bank’s need to provide adequate controls over the risks encountered in the pre and post credit granting stage of the credit process are satisfied by verifying key documents and maintaining tight control over physical stock counts, warehousing inspection and monitoring key distributors in line with approved parameters.
• Undertaking a comprehensive and robust monitoring, stock count and other activities of customers related to CMU in line with approved sanction and various distributorship schemes.
• Undertaking periodic and ad hoc visits / spot checks to review clients operations and provide a comprehensive status report as stated in approved sanctions, which must include identification of potential structural weakness in clients operations.
• Liaise with external agents e.g. warehousing/collateral agents e.t.c on behalf of the Bank and act as a checker on their activities in line with executed service agreements. Reports will be duly provided for such activities.
• Check completeness of application forms and documentation and forward application to Credit while simultaneously proceeding with validation of information and documentation provided by the customer.
• Ensure CMU Sharepoint is updated with relevant reports and documentation as required by centre
• Track daily/monthly collections from key distributors under the various approved schemes to forestall any possible diversion of sales proceeds.
• Daily / monthly review of account performance viz-a-viz terms and conditions of approval and ensure strict adherence.
• Verification of documents and information in day to day work as delegated by account management or credit evaluation in line with approved turnaround time.
• Diarise and follow up on conditions of sanction /covenants as it relates to the CMU function.
• Refer / Escalate / flag up problematic or irregular accounts (inappropriate payment patterns, failure to meet turnover covenants e.t.c) to account management for inclusion in monthly watch list.
• Maintain a proper monitoring system and ensure that the data set is complete and accurate.
• Create appropriate copies of documentation and store on Sharepoint to ensure security and mitigate risk
• Establish and maintain close working relationships with internal, external and service providers.
• Co-ordinate monthly transaction status report to Management
• Authorisation of payments from the key distributors’ dedicated accounts to the various suppliers.
• Ensure adherence and compliance to all policies, processes and procedures.
• Originals of invoices submitted should be sighted and copies should be marked ‘Original cited’ and signed by the RM
• Management of debtors and creditors in need were the bank has carried out Contract Financing
Preferred Qualification and Experience
• Bachelors Degree in Commerce or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a banking environment preferably with a risk management background.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of credit criteria, credit policies, risk and financial analysis, credit control and the application thereof
• Thorough working knowledge of the operating system and its related procedures, for analyzing the account behaviour of clients.
• Thorough understanding of all the bank’s product and facilities that give rise to counterparty credit risk.
• Understanding terms of the facilities and any conditions and covenants that will need to be complied with over the duration of the facility’s life
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Standard Bank Group Officer - Collateral Monitoring Unit Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.