Standard Bank Group Officer - Business Banking Account Management Jobs in Kenya
Standard Bank Group Officer - Business Banking Account Management Jobs in KenyaJob Details Risk Management Understanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
Ensure that the Bank’s need to provide adequate controls over the risks encountered in the post-credit granting stage of the credit process are satisfied by:-
• Assisting in the implementation of the credit procedures by maintaining a tight control over all aspects of advance administration to contain credit risk within acceptable parameters and ensuring that all bank and statutory returns and reports are produced in an accurate and timely manner.
• Actioning all identified credit control events and defaults, in order to reduce the roll rate of non-performing loans into lock up portfolio by providing a prompt and orderly turnaround environment in which controls can be exercised to ensure that the Bank is not faced with avoidable losses.
• Ensure that all the necessary controls and systems are in place to address the risks encountered in the post-credit granting stage of the credit process.
• Approve draw down of facilities once satisfied that all terms and conditions of sanction/covenants have been met and all required collateral have been obtained and are in legal order.
• Perform periodic inspections to ensure adherence and compliance to all processes, policies and procedure.
• Oversee the loading of review dates, new risk grades, interest rates and limits relating to the approved applications. Ensuring that the above information is at all times correct and current. Where discrepancies/irregularities are evident, corrective action is to be taken without delay.
• Peruse Internal and External Audit reports and ensure that any shortcomings highlighted have been sufficiently addressed.
• Ensure that Internal Audit Issue tracking is kept up to date and that the Internal Auditors sign off matters that have been sufficiently addressed.
• Ensure that accounts identified as problematic are placed on the watch list and re-risk graded to reflect their current irregular status.
• Oversee that accounts identified as problematic are taken up with the Business Unit to ensure that remedial action is taken to regularise the exposure and /or escalate them to the Rehabilitation and Recoveries team
• Ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
• Coordinate and close all issues from Head Office on actions required
• Compile information as and when called for by the Head of Credit or Head Office
• Close monitoring of excesses.
• Establish reasons for risk exposure in excess of credit facilities, evaluates these in relation to business risk parameters. Monitors utilization in excess of credit facilities.
• Ensure adequate records are kept of dishonoured items and the set procedures are adhered to.
• Manage and monitor the following irregular accounts:
Accounts in excess of arranged limits
Accounts with a debit balances without arranged limits
• Ensure that accounts identified as irregular are developed with the respective Account Analyst to ensure that remedial action is taken to regularise the exposure and /or escalate them as per escalation procedure
• Propose remedial action in terms of irregular accounts to regularise. Suitable diary notes are to be kept to follow up on agreed actions. Assistance of responsible Account Analyst is to be enlisted where necessary.
• Maintain a diary system to ensure timely follow up and ensure that corrective action is taken and the account rectified as indicated.
• Proactively drive review process of existing facilities, ensuring consistent thorough and timely evaluation of all existing facilities.
• Timely Grouping of accounts.
• Communicate with branches to ensure regularisation of accounts
• Any other adhoc duties
• Submit key measures to Johannesburg on a daily basis
• Management of CAMS Queues on daily basis
• Assist in disbursing and loading of limits for CIB deals
Preferred Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Commerce or equivalent
• At least 5 years Banking experience, particularly pertaining to credit risk management, banking processes with regard to banking products and the operation thereof.
• Broad knowledge of applicable Acts and Bank Manuals.
• Energetic and with sound decision skills
• Must be able to work under pressure and remain focussed.
• Analytical with a tolerance for high volumes and problem absorption whilst detailed oriented.
• Previous management experience
• Thorough understanding of the bank’s products and facilities, and where the risks lie in these facilities. Understands the terms of the facilities, and the conditions that will need to be compiled with over the duration of the facility’s life to ensure that legal risk is effectively restricted.
• Deep knowledge of various legislative requirements, particularly as it pertains to credit agreements, loan documentation, legal processes, and the variety of lending mechanisms and types of collateral that may be used.
• Thorough understanding of relevant registration processes and various contingencies that may occur under exceptional conditions particularly pertaining to the assets of large corporate organisations.
• Understanding of the bank’s systems, policies and procedures in order to optimally draw on the available information to manage and control the post-credit granting processes.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Standard Bank Group Officer - Business Banking Account Management Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.