Standard Bank Group Manager - Operations Jobs in Kenya
Standard Bank Group Manager - Operations Jobs in Kenya Job DetailsRisk ManagementUnderstanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
To support the Senior Manager, Integrated Operational Risk in the effective and proactive management of Operational and non-financial risks within the Bank aligned to the business strategy, operating model and Group Risk policies.
The role calls for partnership with head office and in-country business and risk stakeholders to ensure that the processes for identifying, measuring, controlling and reporting of operational risk is aligned to the integrated operational risk framework.
Risk identification and assessment
• Provide a holistic view of the risks through comprehensive reporting to the Bank’s operational risks introduced by personnel, processes, technology and external events.
• Facilitate Risk & Control Self Assessments (RCSA) risk identification and risk assessment discussions, ensure that salient aspects and decisions are captured, and action items are followed up and closed out
• Perform evaluation of indicator and incident/loss data for trends that might change the risk profile of the Bank;
• Highlight items where the residual risk is too high, prepare and forward recommendations to operational risk managers for consideration;
• Proactive identification of key themes / initiatives / products and their potential risks across business unit and advising on improved management and mitigation of risks.
• Conduct risk assessments throughout the life-cycle of the project/program/initiative to ensure identified risks are appropriately mitigated prior to the project/program/initiative going live to prevent risk incidents.
• Support management of business continuity risks/threats to the business in line with Central Bank of Kenya Prudential guidelines, Standard Bank Group requirements and requirements of the Business Continuity Standard - ISO 22301.
• Works with Business Continuity stakeholders/ representatives in business to conduct, document and sign off Business Impact Analysis in-line with business resilience standards.
Risk measurement and treatment
• To oversight the proactive management of operational risks/threats to any allocated business units of the Bank in line with the requirements of the Operational risk framework objectives.
• Manage the development, provisioning and successful execution of a proportionate operational risk treatment program (e.g. mitigate, accept, transfer and avoid).
• Manage risks to Bank’s assets and assist businesses by specifying adequacy of control(s) required and validating the effectiveness of controls implemented in conjunction with business risk appetite
• Manage and track operational risk control efforts and escalation to Head, Integrated Operational Risk where inadequate mitigation is evident.
• Risk awareness and embedment of risk culture
• Develop and maintain strong business and centre of excellence relationships, becoming a trusted partner, as well as building relationships with corporate functions.
• Sound and thorough knowledge of development and embedment of risk management policies and procedures.
• Knowledge and understanding of the regulatory environment governing financial services in Kenya.
• Working knowledge of transaction processes relevant to products and services offered to customers e.g. within the corporate and investment banking and /or retail banking space;
• A working knowledge of banking operating systems and controls.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Risk management practice or consulting for financial services industry.
• Degree/Postgraduate degree in Commerce or Risk Management.
• Good report writing, presentation and communication skills.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Standard Bank Group Manager - Operations Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.