Standard Bank Group Manager - Collateral Maintenance Unit Jobs in Kenya
Standard Bank Group Manager - Collateral Maintenance Unit Jobs in KenyaJob Details Risk Management Understanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
Affirm that the Bank's need to provide adequate controls over the risks encountered in the pre and post credit granting stages of the credit process are satisfied by making sure a proactive specialised Account Management (Top exposures-deals approved at HOC DA & above) & CMU roles exists as it pertains to enforcing lending covenants and proactive portfolio management.
Verify key documents and monitoring key distributors inline with approved structures.
The delivery of a professional service to the business units based on sound principles which supports the minimising of risk to the bank.
• Validate accuracy and completeness of bills of quantities, building drawings, contracts and related documentation provided for construction loans
• Monitor construction projects from start to finish, monitoring progress according to predetermined schedules.
• Liaise with all parties involved in the project including architects, consultants, contractors and sub-contractors.
• Periodic inspection of construction sites and preparation of loan monitoring reports and valuations.
• Provide accurate, expert and specialist advice to all divisions and business banking unit with regards to collateral monitoring transactions.
• Participate in knowledge sharing within the credit and business teams
• Control the adherence to the service level agreement for internal and external processes where applicable
• Build relationship, with branch-based business bankers and relationship managers to improve structured transactions business proposals and turnaround time on draw down
• Attend meetings with and maintain regular contact with Front office/product areas in order to build good working relationships.
• Establish and track closure of waived conditions precedent and subsequent to sanction
• Monitor and control the quality of designated portfolio, using conditions of sanction and other covenants/conditions
• Act on continuous improvement relating to design and continuously improving existing and new business processes.
• Support Head PBB Credit to develop new specialised AM & CMU policies, updating existing policies and identifying and reporting any policy exceptions
Risk, Regulatory, Prudential & Compliance
• Affirm that group governance standards are effectively embedded resulting in clean CRR, Audit & CART findings
• Implement monthly Manco checks and continuous developing of Manco checks in line with emerging risk areas
• Maintain adherence and compliance to all policies, processes and procedures
• Act on the implementation and adoption within Business Banking account management of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and sactions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes monitoring and identifying any material compliance related breaches and escalating them to the Compliance Officer
• Check compliance with covenants and escalate breaches to right DNA
• Detect early warning signals impacting the portfolio
• Monitoring early warning triggers and management of escalations matrices (compliance grids, damage control migrations and arrears reports)
• Establish reasons for risk exposure in excess of credit facilities across credit risk systems and taking corrective action (referral and excess management)
• Play a role in supporting BB credit risk change agenda
• Give clear direction to the activities of the team members, with regular feedback and support
• Facilitate the development of staff and provide opportunities for their growth inability and contribution to the effectiveness of the team.
• Affirm that a proper Business Banking specialized AM and CMU Function is in place and addressing the relevant processes pertaining to Business Banking AM & CMU functions.
• Oversee all reports from the CMU team prior to onward forwarding to management.
• Ensure that the business banking CMU team is effectively staffed and motivated
• Proactively stance on individual portfolio allocation by active level of dialogue with front office/CEMs to ensure risk considerations are part of business strategy.
• Maintain that relevant reports are produced in an accurate and timely manner.
• Daily review of reports and highlighting anomalies within assigned portfolios
• Extract from legal documentation, internal sanction documents, financial and non-financial covenants. Populating and updating conditions of sanction on the compliance grid
• obtain information directly or indirectly from appropriate counter parties necessary to check covenants
• Implement research, analysis and data management from varied sources aimed at pre-empting risks on the credit portfolio.
• Responsible for analysing AFS & management accounts and other performance information submitted by consumers to track trends and early identification of warning signs and management of that data
Preferred Qualification and Experience
First Degre in Building Construction or Quantity surveyor or equivalent
Diploma Diploma in Project management
At least 5 years’ experience as a quantity surveyor
At least 5years minimum experience in managing complex accounts with good credit rating
• Quantity surveyor,
Other Preferred Qualifications, certifications or professional memberships
• ACCA, CPA
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Standard Bank Group Manager - Collateral Maintenance Unit Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.