Standard Bank Database Administrator Jobs in Kenya
Standard Bank Database Administrator Jobs in KenyaJob Purpose To ensure effective and efficient management and support of Oracle Databases and other Oracle related applications.
This also entails analyzing, documenting and proposing solutions for bank wide business areas and preparation of both functional and technical database system specifications (FSS & TSS) documents.
Focus on database system optimization through analysis and development with respect to the database systems in order to ensure that desired functionality and performance is achieved as required by business.
This role is also charged with designing and development of appropriate solutions as required by business to advance tactical and strategic initiatives.
• Proficiency in Oracle versions 10g, 11g and 12c, Oracle Cloud Control and Oracle ASM.
• Strong understanding of Oracle relational databases, data structures, and SQL.
• Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the production and test databases that support the core banking application.
• Work with the team to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases and to ensure high availability and optimum performance.
• To proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
• Responsible for providing trend analysis to the service management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
• Responsible for all Oracle developments that are aimed at ensuring efficient management and use of the databases and ultimately aid all the application initiatives.
• Responsible for problem escalation to third parties as appropriate.
• Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades.
• Responsible for testing of all Oracle database changes including fixes, patches and upgrades in line with the laid down change control policies.
• Responsible for implementation and release of database changes after thorough and comprehensive tests with sufficient engagement with all stakeholders e.g. application and infrastructure teams.
• Responsible for the management and support of Oracle Data guard solution with a view of ensuring a consistently efficient backup process which ultimately aids IT efforts of meeting the established Service Level Agreement (SLA) with business.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
• Work experience required, 5 years of experience in design and administration of logical and relational databases or systems analysis required.
• Experience in the financial services industry is a plus.
• Oracle Certified Professional
• Business Continuity certification and ITIL will be an advantage
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Standard Bank Database Administrator Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.