St Johns Community Centre Pumwani Program Director Jobs in Kenya
St Johns Community Centre Pumwani Program Director Jobs in Kenya The goal of St. John’s Community Centre (SJCC) is to empower communities by effectively addressing root causes of poverty and injustices for the attainment of sustainable livelihoods.
SJCC is working in partnership with Global Communities with the goal to create long-lasting, positive, and community-led change and build the capacity of communities and local organizations to direct the development of lives and livelihoods.
SJCC is seeking a Program Director in anticipation of the USAID-funded Local Partner Service Delivery Activity (LPSDA)-OVC Activities in Kenya.
The primary goal of the program will be to improve quality and increase the use of locally-led social services at the county level for OVC and adolescents.
The Program Director will provide direct communication, coordination, and oversight for field operations under the supervision of the program COP and DCOP.
The Program Director will liaise between the program leadership, monitoring and evaluations staff, and partners and field staff for the oversight and implementation of tailored activities in the targeted areas and populations.
The Program Director work closely with and guide the activities of Program Coordinators.
The Program Director will generate and deliver communications and support for program elements, including adjustments, to assure that all partners are well-informed and equipped to achieve deliverables and results.
Qualifications and Experience
The Program Director should have the following professional skills and qualifications:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in public administration, public health, or related field suitable for program implementation duties with multiple partners and results delivery.
• Specialty and formal training in OVC/HIV programming area with a minimum of five years of experience in managing technical aspects of OVC/HIV programs.
• A minimum of eight years of experience at a manager or director level in managing U.S. government or other donor-funded multi-partner programs with demonstrated experience in team supervision and management, activity planning, performance management, capacity building activities, and development and tailoring to partner program needs.
Additional skills for preferred candidates will include experience and participation in problem-solving as well as development and implementation of results-driven work plans to deliver program results.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and mentoring professional relationships with in-country stakeholders, including local government, non-governmental partners, and private sector partners.
• Proficiency in oral and written communications in English with proficiency in Swahili.
The Program Director should have the following personal skills and qualifications:
• Ethical conduct according to recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics.
• Team mentor, capacity-builder, and problem-solver.
• Self-starter and self-motivated, hardworking, creative, passionate for quality of work.
• Resourceful, innovative, results-oriented.
• Willing to travel to program sites throughout the area served to support the program
How to Apply
• Send email with the following documents attached to: Sarah
• Karanja, email@example.com.
• Cover letter that explains why you think you are well-qualified for the job
• Resume or CV showing the necessary qualifications, skills, and expertise
• Three professional references (including email and phone numbers) for current/past work
Note: It is important for candidates to follow these instructions to be considered for the position!
Applications must be received in the mail by 5pm on Wednesday 10th June 2020.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.